Friday, February 19, 2010

Eating at 11:30 PM!!??!!

Ok, so you might wonder why I'm sitting at my kitchen table eating chicken and tator babies at 11:30 pm and all I have to say is....I'M STARVING!!!!

I couldn't sleep because my thoughts kept going to different types of food and different places I love to eat....Warren's fries, El Matador's entire menu, McD's Big Mac, etc....I just couldn't stop!! And the more I thought about each food item the more hungrier I got!! My stomach was doing twists and turns because it was so hungry. Finally I crawled out of my nice warm bed (and I didn't get a nap today so I really wanted to be sleeping) and found myself elbow deep in the refrigerator looking for something yummy to eat.

Now this is a great step for me because lately nothing has been sounding good. The thought of most foods would make me literally gag! I've been living on almost nothing because food has NOT been my friend. I'm not sure if this is a sign of things to come but I'm hoping so. It all started when I was cleaning up from Hannah's after school snack...she had Froot Loops (yes, nice and nutritious, I know). As I was closing the bag, which only had a small handful left at the bottom, I got a whiff of the colorful fruity cereal. My mind starting going crazy...THEY SMELLED SO SO SO GOOD!!! Better than anything, really! So, for the next little while all I could do was sit on the couch and smell the Froot Loops within the bag. I looked like a horse with it's feeding bag on...completely pitiful!! I had Greg bring me home a new box, which was heaven. I nibbled on a few, smelling each one before I put it in my mouth (the blue ones smell the best) and to my surprise, they seemed to sit fine on my stomach. From there I moved on to strawberries....YUMMY!! Then it was time for bed...and now here I sit chowing down on chicken!! I guess, if this is a sign of good things to come, I can credit my YUMMY YUMMY Froot Loops with my change in appetite! Those little, yummy, colorful, tasty, fruity circles are a life saver. I think I may buy stock!!

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be 12 weeks. I'm free and clear to speak openly about being pregnant with twins (yes, if there is anyone out there who hasn't heard yet...TWINS!! Holy Cow!!). Gregor wanted to be cautious (wait until 12 weeks) and for the most part, I think I did a decent job of not telling everyone. It's been a very very rough pregnancy so far but, as I've said, I'm hoping this midnight feeding is just a sign of good things to come!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wohoo for being hungry!!! I love the feeling of being hungry after so many weeks of feeling blah---fingers crossed this is the beginning of many more pleasant days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit Loops over Lucky Charms??? WHAT!!!! just kidding, I'm glad you are able to eat something finally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete