Tuesday, July 15, 2008

American Idol Tour-2008

For Mother's Day, I bought my mom tickets to go see the American Idol Tour 2008, which was last night at the E Center. Both Hannah and I went along for the fun evening. It really was spactacular!! I loved it!! But my favorites would have to have been Michael Johns (I mean, who can not say he's AMAZING?!?....Love his accent!), The chick from Ireland (I wasn't a big fan of hers while she was on the show, which would clarigy why I don't know her name but let me just say that she was outstanding live!), David Cook--Of course (he was even better than he was on the show, which should say alot!! Brilliant!!), and last but not least, my man, David Archuleta!! It was truly a thrill to get to listen to him sing in person. We were only on the 31st row, which sound far back but we had a great view, besides all the heads that were in the way! When he came out singing the crowd went wild!!! It was hard to even hear him but we calmed down a bit into the song so that we could listen to him BUT when he was finished the cheers began and went on and on and on and on some more. I bet we sat there clapping and screaming for him for 8-10 minutes straight. And I don't mean a normal cheer, I'm talking the kind that hurt your ears and you can't hear the person next to you even if they are screaming directly into your ears. I've never experienced something like that but I have to say that I am glad to have been a part of it. By the end of the four songs that David A. had sung, he was in tears! He was overwhelmed by the reaction from his home state. I adore him because he is just so humble and caring. He's the type of boy that I want my little Hannah to marry :) ...I'm sure that there are more like him out there....somewhere :)
Anyway, there was one bad thing to the evening and that was the fact that I didn't bring my camera. I called the E Center and asked if I could bring a camera. They said I could as long as it doesn't have a retractable lense on it, which is does. I thought about bringing it anyway to see if they'd let me in with it but opted out because I didn't want to leave it in the car if they didn't. As soon as I was inside I was so bummed because there were many people there with my style of camera. So, the only camera we had was my mom's which doesn't do so well in the dark and from 31 rows back. I think we tool about 100 photos and the ones I'll post on this entry are the best ones, which should say just how awful they turned out :( I really am a bit upset about that!
So here are couple of photos. Ironically enough (and to my delight), it seems like the only ones that came out somewhat clear are of David Archuleta!! YIPPEE!!

Just the girls!

Hannah and her handy-dandy glowstick.

I am so grateful for the big jumbo-tron that was behind David because these photos are just not high-quality at all!! But what's funny is that the other singers didn't show up well at all on the jumbo-tron. They were either really blurry or big bright balls of light! Very strange that these are only ones that came out somewhat ok :) And I still can't help but see Gabe as a teenager when I look at David Archuleta. It's so funny to me how much they look alike and how many expressions they have that are similar. It'll be fun to compare once Gabe is a teenager though I don't really want to think about that right now. I want to keep him little forever :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey you're back! Let me know when we can come visit and play before school starts! Sounds like you had fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deleted your last post....

    =(

    I like you for you, sure we may have our differences, but if it were up to me, I would say be yourself.

    Whatever your calling, whatever your finances, whatever your station in life......be you.

    Remember what I told you when you used to teach gospel doctrine? Don't be afraid to voice your opinion, its yours, no matter what anyone says you think what you think.

    Don't be afraid of what others think.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Gregor! Uh.....Can we NOT talk about boys that we want Hannah to marry?!? Just as a reminder, she is seven and she is NOT dating until she is twenty seven, at least! :) Thanks for raising my blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete