So, recently, after to speaking to one of my closest friends, I decided that one of the reasons I never blog anymore was due to me feeling like I couldn't be "me". I began thinking, "no one's gonna care about what I'm blogging, etc.", which caused me to focus on others instead of myself. Now, usually, that's not a bad thing but I feel in this case it was. I feel that I was depriving myself of keeping an "online journal" of our family dealings because I either didn't want others who aren't close to me to read it or I was afraid they'd wonder why I'd blog about something so "worthless".
Well, I'm happy to say that I've decided I'm only going to let my closest friends, whom I feel completely comfortable with, read my blog. That sounds mean, I know, but it is what it is and I feel it's best.
I will also be deleting alot of the links in my "friend's blog list" or else I was going to have to rename it my "people I've at least met one time list" because ANYONE and EVERYONE was on there. I feel by doing that, I won't get so overwhelmed when I want to look at other blogs. I'll just have a short list of my best friends to check in on.
I think this all comes back to the "Good, Better, Best" talk. The way I was doing it before was "good" but I'm looking for "best"!!
I'm glad to be a part of the blogging world again!! :)
After I take a nap, I may do my first "real" post in a while, complete with my thoughts and opinions, without worrying about what others might think......YIPPEE!!!!
Sounds good! And the nap sounds good too!
ReplyDeleteGlad you think so! I've been pondering this change for a while but I didn't act on it because I didn't want to "hurt" anyone's feelings. But I hit a point when I realized that my blog shouldn't be about "other people" it should be about me. As awful as that may sound!! :)
ReplyDeletePS... Did you know you can make your blog into a book as well? I think it's called www.blurb.com
You should check it out!! :)
Hey I totally agree with your thoughts. Been there too. Glad to have you back in the blogging world and I look forward to your posts that are "totally you" because I always enjoy what you write and how you say things and your view point.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you decided to do this! Totally selfish of me, but I've noticed that your posts are less personal and i love to see what's REALLY happening with people. I've thought about going private...just haven't gotten around to actually doing it. Don't ever feel guilty or bad for hurting people's feelings when it is something that is best for you and your family!
ReplyDelete