My two adorable children are driving me crazy! I'm not sure why they both desided to enter a "phase" at the same time but it is really weighing on me. I keep crying and praying and having a pity party then crying and praying somemore. I just don't feel like I can make it through this. I've never felt like this before in my 8 1/2 years of being a mother so it's taken me off gaurd. Not sure what to do.
Gabe likes to hit, scream, and fight with his sister. Hannah likes to complain, whine, and fight with her brother. Not sure how an 8 1/2 year old can manage to fight with a 3 year old but it happens constantly!
Today Greg let me have the morning off so I could go get a massage and do a little shopping. The massage was amazing!!! I really needed it!!! And the shopping was fun, too...3 new pairs of shoes and 3 new shirts! :)
So, the next time you see me and I look like I'm completely frazzled and barely hanging onto reality, it's because I am!
These are the times when I am so grateful that I have the gospel in my life, that I have an eternal perspective to look toward. Without the support of my Savior and the strength I receive from reading the scriptures, I'm sure I'd be huddled in a corner, rocking back and forth. I keep telling myself, "This too shall pass...this too shall pass."
Maybe there's been a change in the weather because my kids are going through extremes too. I have to go check on them while they are sleeping, just to remember how much I love them when I've had a bad day. Just keep telling yourself that it will pass...it has to eventually...right? :o)
ReplyDeleteWell, count me in on the bandwagon because since school ended last week it's been world war three in our home, fights, attitudes, disrespect. Holy smoke! but Celeste I love your comments about having the gospel and an eternal perspective. I need to remind myself of that more often !because sometimes I just can't see past the moment and would rather curl up and suck my thumb! You're an awesome mom
ReplyDelete