Thursday, June 11, 2009

Christmas Eve-2008

Our tradition for Christmas Eve, is to allow the kids to open a couple gifts specifically purchased for that evening. In the past, I have just given new pajamas to the children but this year I decided to add an additional gift to the pile. So, not only did they receive their traditional pajamas and slippers but they also received a "Christmas" book. Every year there are several new books released to help us, as individuals, realize the true meaning of Christmas. I thought it would be a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas Eve. Hannah received "The Christmas Orange" and Gabe received "A Christmas Bell for Anya".

This year, we were happy to have Crystal and her kids at our house for our Christmas Eve celebration. We all gathered around and Greg read the Christmas story out of the Bible. Then I read each of the children's new "Christmas" books aloud (blubbering through both of them) and the feeling created was wonderful! The Spirit was so strong! I was immediately grateful and excited that I expanded our tradition to include the wonderful books.

I know this will continue to be a family tradition for years to come.



Hannah opening her new pajamas and slippers


Gabers opening his new pajamas and slippers


Gabers in his new jammies!


Hannah in her new jammies! She was very excited that her pajamas came with a robe as well...BONUS!!! She had been asking for one for quite a while. She was very happy that it was so soft!! She's such a texture girl...she loves all the soft fabrics!


I was completely THRILLED to find a pair of "airplane" pajamas! I almost couldn't wait until Christmas Eve to give them to Gabe. I was so happy that he loved them as much as I thought he would. Here he is acting like an "air-pwain". I will not be surprised if he ends up being a pilot when he's older.


I wonder if our new tradition will be handed down to future generations? I sure hope so!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT IDEA! For years, people would always send us movies (you can always tell what they are wrapped up), so my parents would let us open one and then watch it, but rarely was it a christmas one. I LOVE the book idea though!

    ReplyDelete