On the 11th of June, the weather man said that Utah has already received 110% of the rainfall that we usually get in the whole month of June. I hope it keeps going but Greg says that he heard it's suppose to clear up by the beginning of next week :(
So, I took the opportunity to take a few photos of this rare extrememly rainy Utah weather (some were taken with my camera phone, so they're not the best).

Nothing like the sound of rain hitting the car...one of the best sounds EVER!!

Gabe was FREAKED out by the rain because there was thunder and lightening too. He kept his head hid in his "softies" for about 20 minutes. I tried EVERYTHING to get him to put it down but he wouldn't. He just kept saying, "the rain is scary."

Then a bright idea came to me...Gabe loves car washes. He calls them "bubbles". So, I used that to get him to peak out from behind his favorite blanket by saying things like, "Buddy. Look! Heavenly Father is cleaning our truck with bubbles!" It only took a little time and he had removed the blanket completely. His eyes were still huge with unsurety because I don't think he was convinced of my story but he really wanted to believe me. He kept asking, "Hem-ly Father make bubbles?"..."Hem-ly Father clean truck with bubbles?" It was really cute!

On our way home we went into Wal-mart and when we came out there was a surprise for us....a HUGE DOUBLE rainbow! I was so bummed that I didn't have my regular camera with me but thankful I at least had my camera phone. In this pic you can only see the one rainbow, which I was bummed about. And what was neat was it went from one end of the valley to the other...a complete, huge, bright rainbow. It was amazing!! I'm sad to say that during our 15 minute drive home, the sun went behind the mountain and the rainbows dissappeared. I was really bummed about that.
Nice cloud cover and tons of "drizzles"
Other side of the yard...more clouds and not so much "drizzles" but actual rain!
Front yard...clouds, clouds, and more clouds....rain, rain, and more rain!! It was wonderful!!
Here's my shot of the fun little drops on the leaves. I like photos like these, not sure why, but I do!
"Rain, rain, don't go away...come back again, another day!"
No comments:
Post a Comment