Monday, June 22, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is always a special holiday for me. I love the fact that I have been blessed with the gift of motherhood and that the Lord has allowed me to raise two of his amazing children. Greg and I both feel it's important to celebrate Hannah on this day, as well, because we want her to know that the most important title she will ever have, is the title of "Mother". Greg always has flowers for her! He's such an amazing Daddy!


Hannah with her pancake elephant that her daddy made her for breakfast. All the girls get spoiled in our household on Mother's Day.


All the girls and their flowers from Greg.


Hannah and Grandma sharing a laugh about something that Hannah wrote in the card to her grandma. What a special moment to capture on film.


Me and my most cherished title..."Mom" written by the hands of my precious Hannah.


I made my mom and Hannah a special Mother's Day gift. During one of our past lessons in Relief Society, a sister in our ward brought a frame she had that had 4 or 5 generations of mothers in it. I thought it was a wonderful way to display the love of mothers so I borrowed the idea. My mom is a family history nut like myself so she started crying when she opened her gift. I explained to both of them that the gift was very simple and very inexpensive BUT that it was of great worth because of what it represented. I hope and pray that my family will be sealed together and that I will dwell with all these wonderful mothers for eternity.


Here's my mom explaining to Hannah the generations. She had several stories to share with her as well. Hannah was so excited to get the pictures hung up in her room. I hope it helps her realize that she's a special link in a chain that binds us all together.


Me and my miracles!!

Every year, I feel so grateful to be celebrating such an amazing day. I would not be the woman I am today without the amazing influences of my children. They teach me so much each and every day! They are such great examples to me, not only of obedience and faith but also of kindness and forgiveness because I am not at all perfect but they love me anyway. I'm so blessed to be their "mommy".





No comments:

Post a Comment