Here's what the house looked like just as the kids went to bed. The tree looked beautiful all lit up with presents under it. We set out cookies and milk for Santa on our special "snow flake" plate that we use each year. All of the stockings were hung along the wall (seeing how we don't have a fireplace) just waiting to be stuffed by Santa!
I wish I had a better picture of this tree, at least with it's lights on but I don't...bummer. It's our special "kid's tree". The kids get to decorate it all by themselves, though Daddy does put the lights on it, and most of the decorations have been made by them, which makes the decorating that much more meaningful. Hannah likes to ask about each ornament and the story that goes along with it. It's a wonderful way to reminisce and to create lasting memories. Hannah made sure that most of her gifts from us were put under her special tree (Santa brings the kids one big gift from him. All the other gifts come from good ol' mom and dad...oh, plus he stuffs the stockings!).
Gabers in his gift from Santa. He calls it his "fire station!!!" He absolutley LOVED it!!! Doesn't he look so handsome in his Santa hat?!?
I made the kids put on the Santa hats (which is a family tradition on Christmas, along with going to the movies on Christmas evening. This year we went and saw "The Tail of Desperaux", which I would not recommend to anyone, needless to say) so I could get a photo of them all. As you can see, Gabe wouldn't cooperate with me. (L-R) Hannah, Shailee, Alexa, and Braydn
Cute little Hannah in her "Princess" Santa hat! Can you tell she's excited?!?
Buddy got lots of wooden toy airplanes & cars & trains in his stocking. Santa sure must know him REALLY well!! He LOVED them...especially the propellers and wheels!!
From Santa, Hannah received the whole "Fairy Land" Playmobil series, which she was thrilled about. Our family is a big fan of Playmobil toys!
Little Gabers opening up his Thomas the Train toy from Grandpa Matthew. He loves Thomas the Train, which I'm beginning to feel that all little boys his age does. I like the videos because I think they teach good values and the importance of accepting others for who they are and learning how to get along with other personality types. Good stuff!
Here's little Gabe checking out Daddy's big job as video-er (is that a word? Don't think so but I'm not sure what it would be...ummm...vidoetographer, which I don't think is a work either...oh, well, I'm sure you know what I mean) We'll just call him "Video Man". Gabe loves to see the images on the screen. He's fascinated by it! And I'm all about it if it keeps him entertained for a few minutes ;)
I made my mother a "Father" plate for Christmas. It was a lot of fun and I think they turned out pretty cool! She got tears in her eyes. She really seemed to like it. I was really happy that it touched her heart. And I must say that Mom's lookin' rather hot with all those bows on her head!!
Here I am with some of my gifts...clothes, clothes, a fun new purse, new pots & pans, and more clothes!!! I made out like a bandit! Greg definitely spoiled me, which I loved!
Here's a picture of Crystal with one of the gifts we gave her. It's a Christmas platter, which I loved and I'm hoping she loved it too. It reads..."May the Spirit of Christmas be Forever in your Hearts"
A Christmas morning tradition we have is that Gregor makes everyone breakfast burritos, with all the toppings! Yummy, yummy!!
I took a picture of Grandma with all of her grandkids (except Tsamanda, because she lives in Arizona). It's amazing how big our little family is growing! (L-R) Shailee, Grandma, Alexa, Gabriel, Braydn, and Hannah
So, another Christmas came and left. It seems like there's so much preparation for the special day and that it doesn't last long enough. But before we know it (presently 6 months...Yikes!!) Christmas will be here again!
No comments:
Post a Comment