Gabe told me today that he wants "a nother one mommy". I was getting him out of time-out and I was going over with him that he shouldn't hit me, he shouldn't scream at me, he should mind his mommy...and so on and so on...and he looked me right in the eye and without any hesitation, he matter-of-factly made his request for "a nother one mommy". I was shocked at first and I wasn't sure if I heard him correctly, so I said, "What?" The same response with the same matter-of-fact attitude..."I want a nother one mommy". I almost started to laugh because I couldn't believe what he had just said to me. But before I could react, Hannah went into "protect-mommy" mode and started telling Gabe that I was the best mommy ever and that he should never say those things about me! She was SO upset! It felt good that she was defending me, instead of backing him up, especially with the way it's been this past week or so. I had to calm Hannah down and explain to Gabe that I'm the only mommy he's got so he might just want to get used to it.
I thought it was going to be one of those days but actually, since then, it hasn't been too bad but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!
Oh my goodness, as stressful as that was it was cute to read. These kids say the funniest things at the darndest moments. :o) Glad your day was better.
ReplyDelete