Here I am again, trying to figure out what is important and what isn't. I feel like it's a constant battle in my life! I find that when I see the choices other people make, it makes me want to reconsider the choices I'm making in my life currently.
As I sit and "watch" people in their lives via blogs & Facebook, I begin to wonder...how is Satan trying to sneak into strong LDS homes? I mean, he has to find loopholes...ways that we, as mothers, can justify leaving the home or bringing things into the home. He has to be "stealth-like" because if he's not, we'll slam the door in his face.
I'm sad to say, that I seem to be seeing a pattern lately. I can see one of those loopholes and I've had the same temptation as these other ladies. I'm so glad that I took a step back and thought about things before jumping in because I am seeing the situation clearer every day. I see the changes in these other ladies lives. I see the change in their role in the family. I see the change with their children. And to tell you the truth, I'm shocked. Not so much by what is going on (because Satan is tricky) but by who is falling for it.
In grand "Satan Tradition", he's using a tool that many LDS women use in wonderful, eternal ways and he's turning into something that will, in time, weaken the family in which it's being used incorrectly in. It makes me so sad to watch it...because it's so easy to see from the outside.
I'm not going to go into what the "tool" is because, to tell you the truth, I'm not sure who reads my blog and I'm not into offending people, nor into causing contention.
But if you stop and look and pay attention to what many LDS women are doing/changing in their lives, I believe you will see it too!! Satan is so clever!! So, so clever!! Something so innocent, so useful, so wonderful and he's found a way to twist & turn it so that it no longer is those things, while the mother using the "tool" still justifies that it is.
I wonder how far this will go because I just keep seeing it growing and growing!! It's made me reevaluate my situation and refocus my future endeavors...so I guess in that way, it's been useful to me!
<3
NO WAY! I actually was just talking with Justin about this same subject because it's been on my mind A LOT!!! You'll have to email me about what "tool" this is---so if I'm doing it, I'll STOP! It's so easy to lose focus on your life and goals even for just a minute and before you know it...you're off in left field! Glad to know i'm not the only one with this on my mind!
ReplyDelete