Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The party may begin cuz the McMillers have arrived :)

My really cool friend Karie has somehow convinced me to enter the land of the Blogs!!!! I must admit that I was not too fond of the idea! Who knows how to do that kind of stuff anyway!?! Right? Well it turns out that it isn't as hard as I had assumed it to be and Karie made it her life's mission to get me up and running, so here I am!! Blogging for the first time and not even sure what I am suppose to be "blogging" about.

I suppose I can say that when I left my home, a month ago tomorrow, I was a very simple stay-at-home mom with a very simple life and now that I have spent the last month with Karie, I am a Playmobil loving, white chocolate covered pretzel eating, Webkin purchasing, Cities & Knights playing, blogging fool! What can I say, Karie has that way about her. She could talk an eskimo into buying a refrigerator!! So I will be leaving tomorrow a new person, which makes me wonder if anyone back home will recognize me with the 100lbs I've gained by eating all those white chocolate covered pretzels!!! Seriously, we have probably gone through about 20 bags of pretzels in the past 3 weeks....Exhibit A

This is what we gathered to eat during our back-to-back "Settlers" fests that happened nightly. Totally Out-Of-Hand!!!! But what can I say, I was on vacation. That made it totally legal to eat foods that weren't "figure-friendly" :)

(L-R: Jenny, Daria, Karie, and Me)

Here we are playing our new obsession, The Settlers of Catan with the Cities & Knights expansion. Lots of wholesome fun...WHATEVER!!!....it's more like "lots of sabataging, cut-throat, cheap-shot" fun!! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!

So tomorrows the big day! Heading home after a 4 week break. I wonder if my cats will even know who I am!?! I am not looking forward to the flight home. But I am happy to say that I convinced Greg to purchase Gabe his very own ticket, so now I won't have a squirming 14 months old on my lap!! That makes me soooooo happy! Now the thought of lugging 2 suitcases, 2 carseats, 2 carry-on bags, 2 actual boxes with stuff I have collected while here at Karie's, a 6 yr old, and a 1 yr old in a stroller around two airports, getting it all onto a shuttle and then off again, and making it to the vehicle while hopefully still in one piece, doesn't necessarily make me jump for joy!!! But hey, if the pioneers can walk clear across the country, I can surely pull this off!! I'll let you know how it goes, if I'm still alive to blog about it.


















3 comments:

  1. Yeah! you rock Celeste!!! Uhm, I'm not sure we want to let our secret out on exactly HOW many white fudge pretzels we ate.....we've got an image to uphold you know!!! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha whatever you cant hide your pretzel addiction forever karie!! lol. but yeah for celestes blog! i feel for you in the airport with your little ones! that is no picnic for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Celeste! You've entered the blogging world! Did you take any other pictures from your trip?
    I dread going on a flight with two kids. I've never even done it with one.

    ReplyDelete