Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"CTR Cash" & White Chocolate Covered Pretzels!!

So we started our CTR Cash on Monday evening. I did a Family Home Evening on "obedience" where I explained that when we obey we get blessings. I had Hannah find her favorite scripture story about obedience and asked her to share it with the family. She chose "Joseph Smith's First Vision" and the rest of the story leading up to the printing of the Book of Mormon. I asked her questions about what could have happened if Joseph Smith chose not to obey Jesus and the angel Moroni. She seemed very moved by the lesson and opted to promise to obey her parents "from now on". At the end I explained to Hannah what the new chore/incentive program would be. I told her that she could earn CTR cash for being obedient to her parents. The program is very simple, there are "basic chores", "daily chores", and "extra chores". The basic chores include the things like making bed, brushing teeth, saying prayers, reading scriptures, etc. There are "morning" and "before bedtime" basic chores. These chores when completed AS A WHOLE (abt 5 items each) will earn Hannah 5 CTR cents. Which means she can earn 10 CTR cents by just doing the basics (which may change because I'm not too fond of the idea of paying Hannah for the stuff she has to do anyway, but that's why it's only 5 CTR cents each). Then there are "daily" chores, which is a chore that is expected to be completed on a specific day, (i.e) Monday: clean your bathroom Tuesday: clean kitchen table and counters, etc. These chores earn her 10 CTR cents. Then if she has completed her "basic" and "daily" chores, she has the chance to do an "extra" chore. These can earn her an extra 15-25 CTR cents each day. She also can earn CTR cash for good behavior especially "obeying with exactness" (Stripling warrior story! Got to love it!!) which she would get an extra 50 CTR cents. Now, of course, she can lose CTR Cash for bad behavior such as throwing a fit, whining, getting out of bed once she's been put to bed (that's a bad one!!). The ways in which she is able to spend her CTR cash are for TV time & computer time which is 10 CTR cents for 30 min. and there's always good old "Miller's Market" which is a tub full of toys, movies, etc that she wants, which she can purchase with her CTR cash for the priced marked!!! She's very excited about Miller's Market and today at the store she kept showing me things that she would like me to put in there!!! She has opted to not watch any TV today because she's saving up to purchase the "other toothfairy" ( a stuffed fairy with pink wings & dress) which is going to be a friend to her current "toothfairy". I have to say that I am excited that she's excited about it!!! If she wasn't, it wouldn't do any good!!! So I will keep you posted on how things progress in that area!! But as for now, SO FAR SO GOOD!!!!


So on Sunday night I had a MAJOR craving for, of course, White Chocolate Covered Pretzels!!!! And I had gone to the store the night before and didn't grab any!!! What was I thinking!?!?!? And I think it may have been me putting my ox in the meyer (spelling) if I went to the store and purchased some. Anyway, I began rummaging through the cupboards looking for something to take their place but it wasn't happening!!! Then out of no-where an "angel" appeared and told me where I could find some "mickey mouse white chocolate covered pretzels"!!! Ok, for those of you who haven't tasted those, they are the BEST!!!! I had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I understood what the "angel" way trying to tell me. Could it be that she knew where to find them?!? I inquired futher and she told me that they were out in her "angel car". I was speechless!!! So then the "angel" floated out to her "angel car" and came back in with an almost empty, slightly melted bag of Mickey Mouse Choc. covered pretzels!!! I have never been so happy in my life!!! So, I'm sure you've guessed that the angel was my mom and she had purchased some the day before we left Disney World and still hadn't finished them. Which I do believe is almost humanly-impossible!!!!

So first thing Monday morning I was off to purchase some more choc. pretzels. You are not going to believe what I found!!!!! They had them on sale at Smiths (our local grocery store in Utah) for, are you ready for this??!!??..................10 bags for $10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally purchased 10 bags and I am seriously contemplating going back for another 10!!! That's just a crazy price!!! I could seriously get some for my food storage, right?!? I couldn't imagine going through a disaster without my pretzels!!! So, for the time being I am supplied with the necessities of life!!






2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I'm totally jealous of your year supply of white fudge pretzels, and even to tempt me by posting a picture of the Disney bag.....what kind of friend are you? :o)

    I love the CTR cash and when I looked at your pictures I thought "ok, she's totally blowing me away in the creative area"... (think of the song from Jungle book "I wanna be like, walk like you"... HA, HA, just kidding of course, but I think your idea is totally fabulous!!!! Miller Market, now that is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, celeste, I'm glad you took my admonition about food storage to heart and stocked up on a necessity of life.:)

    ReplyDelete