After taking my mom to the airport (she was heading to Arizona) I decided to go to Kohl's to use my "Kohl's Cash" that I earned while shopping with Karie, in Texas! (Ok, we were just running to Wal Mart for a couple things but we chose to take "the scenic route", that's what we told Ken, which just so happened to take us to Kohl's.) Anyway, while shopping I ran into a friend from high school. It had easily been 7 or 8 years since I had seen her. It was funny how this "coincidence" happened on the day that I was cleaning my house (hair pulled back/no make-up on) and I had to leave just to run my mom to the airport!! You know me, I'm not too caught up in the "look my best every second of the day" scene but in this situation I really wish I could have looked at least presentable!! Anyway, I know that sounds vain but it's true.
Now for the EXCITING news!!!! I purchased a new refrigerator today!!! Ok, now to those of you who have a normal sized fridge, this may not seem like a big event but to those of us, with a teeny-tiny one, it's a BIG day!! I have been doing some research the past couple of days and I wanted to compare two that I had narrowed it down to. I went to Bestbuy to show Greg one of the refrigerators I was thinking about. I was talking with the sales associate who was explaining to me that they didn't have it out on display, when I noticed that Greg was looking at a very different looking fridge. I was curious, so I walked over to where he was. Let's just say that it took a whole 3 seconds for me to fall in love with that fridge!! Greg's eyes got HUGE because he knew I wasn't going to be happy with anything else. It's kind-of like the "ignorance is happiness" thing. If I wouldn't have known that fridge had existed, then I would've been perfectly happy with one of the other two I had been looking at BUT there was no turning back!! To make him smile, I turned to him and said, "Just like on Napoleon Dynamite, when the lady sees the bonus with the Tupperware set..........I WANT THAT!!" Greg laughed and I got my fridge!!! They are delivering it on Wednesday and I just can't wait!! I am so so excited!! Here's a couple of pictures of it.....

Notice the four-door feature. It's really cool because the bottom two drawers can be either a freezer or a refrigerator!!! Can you believe that?!?! I always have issues with too much produce and not enough space!! This way I can actually have the top-right side as a refrigerator and BOTH bottom drawers as refrigerators!!! Totally cool!!! We have a freezer out in our garage so cutting a little of the freezer space is just fine with me! I must say that the pictures don't do it justice, so you'll all just have to take a trip to my house to come see my new, amazing fridge!!! When you arrive, I'll be hanging out in the kitchen, just staring at my new "golden calf" :)Oh, one more thing, if it were up to Greg we would have came home having purchased a refrigerator that had a built in TV on the front of it. And not only that, it had another screen where you could store all your recipes, family pictures, or if you want you could access the local weather on it!!! Hello!?!?! When did the manufacturers of refrigerators decide to target the MEN market?!? Totally unbelievable!!
whoa I am totally diggin your new fridge. what is the brand? we'll be looking at new appliances in about 6 months or so, so I'll be needing my own "golden calf" to stare at. lol!
ReplyDeleteShe knows all about "the golden calf" .....she has several
ReplyDeleteThe make of my new "golden calf" is Samsung. Beware though, once you see the fridge in person, you'll never be the same again!!! You will be sooooo amazed!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Ken,(is that you?!?) I said the "golden calf" comment just for you. I knew you'd get a kick out of it :)
I want that!!!!!
ReplyDelete