Monday, August 13, 2007

Shailee, My New Arrival, Major Disappointments & a CTR Cash Update

So, this weekend we went down to Price to see my neice, Shailee, sing at the local fair. It was great to see them because I haven't in over 4 months. Shailee did a wonderful job singing a Charlette Church song. She received tons of applause after her performance. I was so proud!! Here's a picture of her just after she performed, she was just beaming!! Isn't she beautiful?!?!

My new fridge arrived on time this past Wednesday, and I was so excited!! I have to say that I love it more now than I did at Bestbuy!! It is just so perfect for me. Those drawers on the bottom hold SO MUCH!! It is totally unbelievable!!! I had a "saying goodbye" luncheon for a friend of mine the day after my fridge arrived. I received many compliments on my family's new addition!! Now the one downfall of my obsessions delivery is that the salesman told me it came with the stuff to hook up the water/ice with, BUT it DIDN'T!! So, I went out today and purchased a "so-called" ice maker kit but I was totally clueless on how to get it together. I am usually really good at figuring stuff like that out but I couldn't. I think I may have purchased that wrong thing or something because it wasn't about to work the way it said it was suppose to!! Anyway, I put it back in the packaging and I will be returning that puppy first thing tomorrow. Then I will head out to Home Depot and walk around the isles like I'm totally clueless so that I nice male worker will come over and save me!! I will have the worker explain every step for me and maybe even make him write it down. But no matter what, I am going to have that thing up and running before Greg gets home from Denver (thurs). He will be so impressed that I did it all by myself that he won't care that I'm thinking that I need to get a new stove, dish washer, and microwave to match my shiny, new, stainless steel refrigerator with running water & ice!! :)

This past week, Hannah started her new dance class. She has been waiting for this to start since school ended. She had a hard time with the fact that she wouldn't have the same teacher this year in school and she had an even harder time when she realized that her teacher wasn't even going to be teaching anymore (she had a baby in July). She wasn't going to be able to see Mrs. Kamauu again. Devastation!! Well, we found out that Mrs. Kamauu was going to be teaching at a local dance academy, so of course, we quickly signed up and Hannah was thrilled!!! So, the day finally came and Hannah talked about how excited she was the whole way there. When we arrived I realized that Mrs. Kamauu wasn't there but I assumed that since she just had her baby, she had someone subbing for her. Well, I asked the dreadful question (if the lady was subbing for Mrs. Kamauu) and she informed us that she is the teacher of this class and that she would be Hannah's teacher for the year. Hannah about lost it!! I felt so bad for her!! I was so mad at the owner who insisted Mrs. Kamauu was teaching the dance class that I signed Hannah up for. Hannah cried quite a bit during the class but afterwards she decided that she would keep coming even though she was very disappointed and sad!!! I think she made a brave choice. Here she is just moments before the devastation hit!! Isn't she adorable!?!

Quick update on the CTR cash...........it's working WONDERFULLY!!!! In fact, Hannah was able to purchase her first item from "Miller's Market" this evening. She had gone back and forth between the tooth fairy, the Webkin, and the Peter Pan toys. Well, she ended up purchasing the Peter Pan toys for 3 CTR dollars!!! She was so excited and so proud!! She did a great job of saving her CTR cash. She didn't even once spend it on TV, or computer, or on an item that was less than $3. She was a little girl on a mission to get the item she wanted and I'm so proud and happy that we was able to succeed in doing so!!! Here's a photo of her with a couple of the Peter Pan figures....


Well, that's about it for now! TTFN!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your CTR cash is working! isnt it great when you hit on something that clicks with your kid? It makes life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha and I had to laugh at your comment on my recent blog. My mom says the same thing about their Bowflex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figures you'd have that experience with the dance studio. I felt so bad when I read it. Celeste screwed by the studio yet again! We'll see how it goes for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, I knew you would totally feel for me!! You are seriosly the only person who could truly appreciate what I (& you) have gone through with that studio!! How has your "I'll give you another chance" been with the studio?!? Hopefully better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm diggin' the CTR cash and think I'll incorporate it into the Gallions we've got going on. I've got to do something with all these little misc. things I keep buying. :o)

    ReplyDelete