Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day of 1st Grade!!!

Hannah started 1st grade today!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She was up bright and early this morning and already doing her chores before I crawled out of bed. I was just laying there and I could hear her sneaking around the house doing stuff. I was proud of her and I was happy that she was so excited to go to school. We walked to school and things went well. Gabe & I went over for her first lunch, in the lunchroom, and of course, took a picture. I really enjoyed putting her lunch bag together, this morning. That may sound weird but that is one of the things that I have been looking forward to with her starting school. When I picked her up from school, her first question was if she could go to her friend's house and play. So, I didn't get an "I missed you" or "I'm so happy to see you" or anything like that. But I could see excitement on her face so I agreed but it turned out that Alexcia's parents weren't home so Hannah didn't get to play. Maybe next time!
Here are some photos from the BIG day....

Hannah just before walking to school.


Hannah with her new teacher, Miss Chappell.

Hannah eating in the lunchroom, for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Hannah!!! Can these kids really be growing up so fast????

    ReplyDelete