Ok, so I made it back from Houston in one piece!! Can you say COMPLETE CHAOS!?! (is that how you spell it?) No, I'm just kidding, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I just kept telling myself, "You can make it! You can do it!!" And I made sure to break it up into small segments of time, kind of like, "Ok, you can make it to the gate without dropping the car seat (which was carefully balanced on the top of my little umbrella stroller)." or "Ok, you can do this!! You can get these 3 carry-on bags onto the plane along with your two kids and a car seat, while leaving the stroller at the bottom of the ramp so that is can get checked!! I THINK I CAN!!!" Anyway, I hope you get what I mean. I just took it a step at a time. And I do have to say that for the most part, there were several people willing to help me when I found myself in a bind. I was very grateful for their willingness to go the extra mile.
Now in saying that, I have to tell you about the "not-so-nice" people who WOULDN'T help me, which really made me mad!!! I had finally made it to the Salt Lake airport and I had already stacked all my luggage onto the now-it-seemed very small cart that I had rented. I could hardly see over everything that was stacked on it!! I'm sure I looked totally pathetic!! I had Hannah pushing Gabe in the stroller and we headed outside to find a shuttle. I came out the doors and I tried to turn my over-loaded cart towards the spot on the walkway where we needed to catch our shuttle. Well let's just say that the cart had a mind of it's own because instead of turning, it decided to roll down the ramp that connected with the street!! I tried with all my might to stop it from rolling and I finally did, but it's wheels resisted the thought of me being in charge and chose to get themselves stuck in a hole where the ramp connected with the rest of the sidewalk!! So now I couldn't push and I couldn't turn the stubborn cart!!! I made a few attempts, while yelling at Hannah to wait for me, but it wouldn't budge. I quickly glanced around to see where Hannah was at, and I caught several people looking at me and as soon as our eyes met, they each looked away!! HELLO!?!? Can you not see that I need help!?!? My first instinct was to be embarrassed but that quickly changed to mad, especially when I looked around again and the same thing happened!! I was so upset that I was back in the "Mormon" state and no one was willing to help me!! So then my mind began wondering if any of them were LDS, which then made me search for certain clothing lines that might say if they were members or not. I told myself that if I found someone who fit the mold I was going to let them know what I thought of their unwillingness to serve those around them. But I'm happy to say that no line-age was spotted!! So, anyway, this all happened within a matter of seconds (it's weird how fast our mind can think things through) but to me it seemed like an eternity. Well, somehow I was able to maneuver the cart where I wanted it to go and as I walked past those unwilling bystanders, I gave them a not-so-pleasant look! I'm sure they could've cared less but it made me feel better about the whole situation!!
So, I'm now trying to get back into a normal routine which I have to admit, is harder than I thought it would be. I will have to keep you posted on that, along with the new "CTR Cash" incentive I will be starting tomorrow, in my home. Hopefully it will help motivate Hannah to obey her mother and father!! That's a big issue at 6 years old!!!
Anyway, my husband is hovering over my sholder because he'd like to take us for a Sunday ride. I will have to expand more on those things in the above paragraph, on my next post!!
Keep me posted on the CTR cash. I'm always in the market for more ideas!!!!
ReplyDeletei want to know more about CTR cash too! me and karie are in the same market!
ReplyDelete