Monday, January 14, 2008
"Are you sure?"
Yesterday I was sustained in my new calling as Relief Society President (it seems weird to be even typing that). When my Bishop extended the call to me a few weeks ago, I was shocked. I had a feeling it was coming due to some comments made to me but I couldn't understand how it could be. So after regained my composure and I was able to close my gaping open mouth, I asked, "Are you sure?", that's all I could come up with to say. And of course he said he was sure and so off I went to find my new counselors. After a short while I finally had my counselors, Ashley Hanks as my 1st & Jennifer Brimhall as my 2nd and my secretary is Amy Hampton (she was at the Ball's Halloween party-one of the single ladies, the gypsy). I thought I was going to pass out when I got sustained, I even told the Bishop to have some sort of cushion there for me to land on, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The "bad" part came when I had to conduct for the first time in Relief Society!! Talk about an idiot! I couldn't get my thoughts or words straight no matter how hard I tried. I am so grateful Ashley has to do it next week. Everyone told me I did fine but I know they were just trying to make me feel better about looking like a total fool in front of everyone BUT I'm thankful for their attempt to make me feel better. I have great friends and I'm thankful for them :) So, now the fun begins, YIKES...please keep me in your prayers!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You've got to be kidding me! You did awesome! Believe me, you have nothing to worry over. Plus, it'll just keep getting easier each week until you're a pro anyway!
ReplyDeleteOh, would you stop! You did such a great job - I just hope that I can do half as good next week!
ReplyDeleteBesides, aren't we supposed to be uncomfortable in our callings, that's how we are stretched! We learn and grow from our uneasiness about new and different things. You are awesome!
celeste it is so odd that you post about this because I just got called as Young Womens President. I feel horrible for saying this, but I DONT WANT IT!! I've never wanted to turn a calling down so badly in all my life. I'm hoping some serious prayer and good counselors will make me feel a little better...
ReplyDeleteThere goes your free time. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThere goes Ashley and Celeste's free time!! LOL
ReplyDeleteCeleste knowing your heart and testimony you will be an awesome RS Pres. Remember, the Lord doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called!!!!
I'm so lovin' my friends having all these huge, time consuming, heart wrenching, but amazing callings....... :o)
ReplyDeleteat least somebody's loving this... lol
ReplyDeleteAren't you all glad we started blogs! this is so fun!
ReplyDelete