Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Like, Totally Awesome...Fer Sher!!!



Read this post before you vote for your favorite couple!

We had a New Year's Eve party for some of our friends from our ward. We decided to make it a little funner by having everyone dress up in their best 80's attire. It was so much fun to see the "flashbacks" we all created. I took so many pictures but I can only put a few of them in this blog entry or else it will take me all day to get this posted. So, sit back and enjoy the ride...back to the radical & bodacious 80's!




Here is the photo of all the girls.
L-R: Erin, Catey, Rheanna, Ashley, Maryanne, Kammi, Celeste, and Michelle.


Here is a photo with some of the guys. That's my bishop in the front. He made sure to bring along his "walk man" for the event :)
L-R: Justin, Aaron, Sterling (Bishop Hunt-Front), Steve, and Greg.


Here are the photos I took of each of the couples from the party. I want everyone who reads this blog entry to vote on who the most "like totally radical" couple is. Please don't vote for yourself, that would be cheating :) So, here are your choices...



Erin and Reagan Bolli

Steve and Ashley Hanks

Kevin and Kammi Pyles

Sterling and Michelle Hunt


Justin and Rheanna Dow (no casting "look how cute" votes since they have their cute little baby Alec in their arms. I think that may have been a strategy of theirs)


Greg and Celeste Miller
(Greg won't be happy that I posted this photo because he looks like he's drank a little too much apple cider! But it was the only one I had of both of us together, so he'll have to deal with it)

And last but not least...

Maryanne and Aaron Holtz
(Our very own Jane Fonda and Aaron is the one with the blue duck-tail a little farther down in the post. So make sure you check that out!)

Now for some other random photos taken during the party. Like I said, I had so many photos but I think I chose the best ones that represent the night of "tubularness"!

Here I am in my nifty neon pink boots that I found at the thrift store!! They were huge on me but I just stuffed the toes with plastic bags and went on with my bad self!! I received many compliments on them. They were definitely worth the 10 bucks!!


Here's Gregory Lee with his hot pegged pants and his sweet pastel plaid shirt. In our photo together you can definitely see his preppy hair due better which seriously made him look like he was back in high school!! Totally funny !! :)


Here's Aaron's "duck tail" (at least, that's what our family called them. I know there are several other names for the famous patch of hair at the back of the head.) I think this was a great idea since he had no hair to work with. Kudos for the Holtz's imagination!!

Here's Ashley in her "totally awesome" outfit. I wanted to make sure and put in the other photo I have of a full length outfit.

Anyone for a little guitar hero?!?!


Here's Steve and Aaron playing Guitar Hero. Nothing like seeing your Bishop's 1st counselor and Executive Secretary dressed up like a couple of rockers. Aaron's transition was pretty severe since he's bald. It was somewhat strange to see him with hair!!


Here's Me and Ashley rockin' out! She totally kicked my butt on this game but then again, it was my first time playing it!! Greg and I thought about getting one for ourselves but then we came to our senses!! Our stance of no video games in the home helped us with our decision but let me just say, it was very tempting!! And I have to add that we just decided "for the time being" we wouldn't invest in it :) Maybe we'll keep it hidden in our room where the kids won't see :)

This is a good shot of my tu-tu outfit so I had to add this to the blog.


How about a game of Twister? It makes close friends get even closer!!


This is what the Bishop's Exec. Sec. thinks of him. Yes, that's my bishop getting sat on by Aaron. Games like this tend to create bonds that were never there before and that were probably never wanted :)


These two photos are of Kammi, Steve, and Ashley. I think Ashley may have gotten a little jealous of Kammi's attempt to hit on Steve. I was laughing so much through this round of Twister, I'm surprised the photos turned out!
Well, that's it for our New Year's Eve party. Make sure to vote for your favorite couple and I'll post the winner on here after the poll closes. Good luck to all those participating!!

3 comments:

  1. You got some really great pics!
    That was so much fun, thanks again for the fun PARTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are having way too much fun out there!!!! Like oh my gosh!!! totally rad!!!!

    I always knew Greg was a preppie, and you are right the boots were totally worth it. You've got to keep those, they are in style now!!! (LOL)

    I love the hair, totally Madonna like a Virgin video. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the Guitar Hero did you use the Wii or another video console?

    ReplyDelete