Anyway, I also managed to convince Greg to clean out his closet and drawers. And I have to say, he did quite well. There were a few items that he wouldn't part with...I tried every form of convincing available but he wasn't budging...but for the most part, he nearly reached the 1/2 mark, except his work clothes. I gave him a bit of leeway on those since most of his life is spent wearing a suit and tie.
I attempted the kids clothes today but I failed again. I just have a hard time getting rid of my kid's clothes. If they're too small, I usually keep them (this is when the 1 tub per size rule would come into play but I haven't started cleaning out my storage yet). And I just can't bring myself to give away perfectly cute, wearable clothes. So, "I told myself that..." (you know who you are) I would purchase a smaller amount of clothes from here on out. I think I can do it :)
So, all together, we managed to remove 4 tubs (overflowing), 2 garbage bags, and 1 Aeropastle bag of clothing and shoes from our closets and drawers!! Pretty good, if I do say so myself :) Here's a picture of our accomplishment! (Now keep in mind, we just "cleaned out" our clothes for the Stake Clothing Drive. We obviously didn't understand the meaning of the words "cleaned out")
So, now I am moving onto my linen closets and the craft room closet. Plus, the other side of Gabe's closet that has just random stuff in it. I hope each of you are doing well too so that we can share each other's victory stories :) Make sure you blog about it!
Way to go!!!! I can't wait to read about your adventures when going through your craft closet. :o) I actually did that this year and have earned a pretty penny on Craigs list selling what I don't use.
ReplyDeleteWOHOO!!!! I knew you could do it! Once you get started it's actually quite gratifying and freeing. I definitely think that 1/4 counts, especially since shoes are your weakness :o)
ReplyDelete