Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thrift Stores

Ok, so I just have to say how much I LOVE thrift stores!! I mean, especailly in an economy like this, you can't do without them.

I went to get dressed today and I realized that when I "cleaned out" my closet after that organizational class a while back, I didn't leave much winter clothing. I guess I must have been hoping to get a new wardrobe this winter?!? I don't know! All I know is that I didn't have much to choose from. So, being the thrifty person I am, I decided to go to a thrift store first, then if I couldn't find anything I would go elsewhere.

Let me just say, yes...it's obnoxious to look through all the 1960-1980's clothing to find a diamond in the rough. And yes...I have to take allergy medicine before I go or the dust KILLS me. BUT, let me also say, I got 9 long-sleeved shirts & 3 sweaters (a lot name brand) for a grand total of...........drum roll..........................................$52!! You heard me right, 52 smackeroos!! Let's do the math together...that comes out to be $4.33 per item!!!! To me that makes the musty smell & interesting scenery of a thrift store (I'm a people watcher) totally worth it!!!

So, I'm sure you'll see me sportin' my new thrift finds soon! I LOVE IT when I get a good deal!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love when I can save bucket loads of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Hey, have you ever heard of the Buffalo Exchange? It's an amazing thrift store with locations around the US. There are 2 here in Houston, top name brand and tr,endy stuff for pennies. It's amazing. You've always been good at getting good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love go deals. I've never tried a thrift store but I think I may now.

    ReplyDelete