Saturday, February 5, 2011

Moments Like This

Well, for the last little while I've been contemplating my last post and what I've decided is that I can't focus on stuff like that right now. And, to tell you the truth, I'm really embarrassed that I wasted any time on the situation.

Right now in my blessed life, I have four wonderful kids and one wonderful husband to care for. I have a new home and two new babies. I'm in a new state and making new friends. I have a new role as "teacher" and I have a new calling in my church. There have been lots of new changes in my life and I need to make sure that I'm using all of my energy to deal with them, in the best way possible.

I can't worry about what others are doing. I can't spend more time trying to figure out how they are doing the things they're doing. I'm not assuming they're neglecting other areas of their lives to accomplish what they do, but I know for sure that I would be, if I were to do those same things.

I need to not be "wanting" for more when I clearly already have it all. I need to be thankful and feel very blessed to have the life that I've been given. I need to enjoy this season in my life. I need to focus on what's important. I need to do the "best" things first and if I have time for the "better" things (Good, Better, Best Conference talk-Elder Oaks) then great! I need to let go of "what I can't do" and be overly thankful for "what I can".

Before I know it, all of my children will be grown and gone. I will be sitting in my empty house wishing I could hear their baby cries and their "Mommy? Mommy?" (repeated 100 times) as they come to find me. They may live far away and I may only get to hug them a couple times a year, if at all. These moments I have right now, are priceless. They truly are gifts from my Lord.

I know this all to be so true...I know it deep in my heart. I'm just so very thankful that my brain has finally caught up to what I already knew, to what I've probably known from the preexistence. We are here for our family...we are here to serve our family...and as a mother, I get a million opportunities each day to do so.

So, I apologize for my selfish post and I know now where my focus needs to be. I'm so grateful for moments like this that allow me to grow as a person, as a daughter of God.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said and what a good reminder to us all to re-focus on what "matters most" which makes me think of Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. Thanks for the reminder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all often get distracted by things that aren't important and a good wake-up call to how blessed we truly are is always nice!

    ReplyDelete