So, I've had a few people ask me about my last post. They wondered if I was only talking about "blogs" or if there were other items on my mind.
The truth is, I was speaking about many areas of my life. Of course, blogging, was one of them (I'd love to have a nifty fun blog that others flock to but this is not my season) but there are other areas such as, "work". I'd love to be doing photography but it's not the right time. Sure, I could force my desire into our lives but it wouldn't be what's best for my family. I believe that when the Prophet continues to ask us to not work outside the home (he knows we DEFINITELY "work" in our homes with our kids and spouses, etc) that they mean NOT to work outside the home (if at all possible). I don't want to be a "cafeteria" member of the church...just to take what I want and leave what I don't.
Another area is "doing stuff for me". There are SO SO SO many things that I would LOVE to be doing right now. SO many interests and activities that I'd LOVE to be participating in. I would probably faint if I found myself with an afternoon to do whatever I WANTED to do. You know, Greg just handing me the keys and saying "wake me when you get home" kinda thing....BUT again, it's not my season. And also again, I could "force" those type of situations but I'm choosing not to.
Sometimes, I look at others Facebook statuses and find myself daydreaming of that being my status. How silly is that?!? I know it's totally ungrateful and completely unacceptable...but I do. It only takes a couple seconds before I slap myself in the face (not literally) and take a step back so I can look at the MAJOR blessings in my life!!!! I'm sure there are people out there who look at my life and find themselves daydreaming about being me....WELL....except double-duty on diaper blow-outs!! ;) But you know what I mean. As a wonderful Stake President of mine once said..."If the grass is greener on the other side....then start watering your own grass!!!!" Such a wise man...I miss you Pres. Draper!!!
Then there's the one that bothers me the most....getting the things I want done around the house, done. I look at other moms, with more kids than me, and they seem to be organizing and reorganizing, decorating and redecorating, crafting, sewing, cooking, baking, etc., etc. I just don't know how they do it!! I have a list a mile long of things I want done, within my own home, and when I actually mark one of those items off....it's like I won the lottery or something! I get so excited and I feel so good BUT it's rare...very rare!!
So, to all these items and to those I didn't even list, I say the same things...."it's not my season" and "I could do it but at what cost to my family?" I'm not playing the "poor me" victim. I know I could do all these things...I may not be sane by the end of each week, but I could do them. My family may be in shambles, but I could do them. It may not be the Lord's season for it...but I could do them. I have my agency...we all do!! I'm just choosing to wait for the correct season in my life (time in my life...however you want to say it) to do those things. I believe that since I'm waiting, I'm learning a lot about sacrafice, service, and patience.
When we do things the Lord's way, we always come out with greener grass than we started out with!!
No comments:
Post a Comment