Thursday, March 3, 2011

ThredUp.com

I've been looking into a site called ThredUp.com

Since I'm such a frugal person, the site has really got me interested. The idea is to swap boxes of your kids old clothes, with other people.

So the site sends you the boxes (just USPS Priority Flatrate boxes) and you're suppose to stuff them full. Then you go online and list your box. Then someone who wants your box, purchases it for $5 plus shipping, which in a flatrate box is like $10.95.  I then go online, print off the prepaid mailing lable (the buyer paid the site and the site purchased the shipping) and then I leave the box on my porch for the mail carrier to pick up (the site sets all that up as well). And when it's my turn to want a box, it's the same process.  Along the way they offer credits and discounts, along with PRO (VIP) memberships.

The biggest issue I have is that there arent any pictures of the items listed so you have to go purely off of what someone else has written about their items. Some, though, have been putting links to other places to view the clothing, which is what I would be doing.

I went on today and ordered my first box. It's clothing for the little twinkies. It should be here in about a week so I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out. I think this is a great idea and I'm hoping it works out ok. I decided to bring you along for my trial run. If you decide to join in on the fun, then make sure to sign up under me cuz you'll get a $5 credit toward your first box! 

Here's the link...

http://www.thredup.com/175375

If you check it out, make sure to leave your comments about it here so we can all decide if it's as good as it appears!!

I'm hoping to put my first box on the site sometime tomorrow. I will make sure to put a pic on here first, incase someone out there is interested in it. Then you'll have a headstart once I post it to the site. And when I get my first box, I'll make sure to post a pic of the items I received on here as well.

Being frugal is so fun!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment