Turns out my body is deciding that it wants me to switch to formula!! I'm so so so so bummed!!! This may be the only experience I have with this type of stuff and I really wanted it to last at least until the year mark.
Sure, pumping several times a day isn't what I would consider fun, but I do it for my little ones. I love the fact that I can feed them. It's just so amazing to me!! Plus, its so wonderful to be able to breastfeed them when they're upset or really tired to help calm them down.
Until a little over a month ago, I could've opened my own dairy farm and now, it's all but gone. It makes me so sad.
But I guess sometimes nature makes our decisions for us, no matter if we want it to or not. So, I'll hang on just a bit longer while I try to get up enough courage to let that season of my life go...even though I may never experience it again :'(
<3
I'm sorry. :( It's always hard to hit that moment, I can only imagine it would be so much harder with the possibility that it might not happen again. It may surprise you and kick back in to gear, sometimes that happens, but even if t doesn't, to have nursed for this long and especially TWO babies for this long is an amazing thing!! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteYou can try the herb fenegreek (you can find it anywhere)to boost your milk supply. You will smell like maple suryp but it worked for me. good Luck! Check out this website to tell you about it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/all_about_fenugreek.html
I had that happen with both Dinah and Chloe. And in both cases I was an emotional wreck until it dawned on me that I can nurse first THEN offer a bottle. That way they got all they could possibly get from me, and then the bottle of formula was just to make sure they got enough to fill their tummies.
ReplyDeleteAnd there are LOTS of things out there that are supposed to increase your milk supply. :)
Good luck with this! I think this is one of the hardest things when you aren't ready for it-I had that happen with Alec. When nothing else works, I just make sure that I'm often the one feeding them the bottle and snuggle in so close-it makes me feel so much better :o) Good luck!
ReplyDelete