Thursday, October 4, 2007
100 Dreams
For work, Greg has been reading this book that's suppose to help him inspire those under him to reach for their dreams, at work and in their normal lives. Well, this has prompted Greg to inquire about my dreams. I must admit that I don't have very many. Like I told him, I would love to take photography classes and maybe take some sort of archery/shooting classes, also. And if I could dream BIG, I would also include making it onto a reality TV show! So, my list was very short and did lack in the creative department. He encouraged me to write down 100 dreams that I have for my lifetime. OK, now that may not sound hard, but let me just say, I'm on #14!!! Yeah, and that was with me racking my brain!!! Greg says that the book states that we should have 100 dreams that we can be continually reaching toward on a daily basis. Now, I don't mean that all 100 have to be reached for on a daily basis but progress in at least one of the areas. So, when I sat down last night to begin my list, I was very disappointed with myself. 14? That's pretty pathetic! Anyway, I am now encouraging all those who read my blog, to make a list of 100 dreams that you have. I am hoping that I'm not the only one with a lack of imagination for this kind of thing. I am actually beginning to wonder if I fear failure! Maybe that's why I have so little to shoot for. The more I'm shooting for, the more likely I am to fail in some of the areas. This has given me a chance to analyze myself, which I am always grateful for. I like trying to figure out my inner self and in so doing, helping myself grow. So, I hope each of you have fun with this little challenge and make sure to get back with me on the number you were able to come up with. And while I wait to hear back from each of you, I will be exerting all my energy in coming up with more for my list. I at least need 20, right?!? Good luck :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting idea. I don't have anything else to do with my brain right now, so I'll take your challenge :o)!
ReplyDeleteMove to Texas
ReplyDeleteLive in Texas
Be with my friends in Texas
Live in my new house in Texas
Play settlers in Texas
Need I go on ????
Just thinking about thinking of 100 dreams seems exhausting. Notice that Greg is a "man" and his boss is probably a "man" and men seem to have so much more brain space for thinking about dreams because they are at work only worrying about work, when we "mothers" have brains that are so full of what the kids are doing, where they are going, what they need, how do we teach them this or that, will they turn out, not including the endless virtual catalog in our minds of where every single item is in the house (all those lost toys) and when the last time the kids have had a bath.......I'm not sure my mind even knows what a dream is, unless it's the occasional crazy dream I wake up from that reminds me of all the things I forgot to do yesterday....
ReplyDeleteLOL, just kidding. I do have some dreams but I never thought about working towards obtaining them (isn't that funny!). My friend Becca made a list of things she wanted to do before she turned a certain age, so I've been making one of those lists, I suppose that could constitute as a dream list. So I'm going to take on your challenge and try to come up with at least 14 dreams :o) Love ya!
(I think you need to ask Greg to come up with a list of 100 things that need to be done around the house and with the kids, HA, HA I hope you know I'm totally just cracking up here and trying to be funny)
The only way that I can come up with 100 dreams is that I make them really simple. Maybe like the dreams of my 8 year old. However, I am going to accept your challenge and let you know soon.
ReplyDeleteLOL