Friday, October 12, 2007

Moving Forward...slowly

"Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me."
"New Moon" pg 93, Chapter 4-"Waking Up"


Ok, so I am slowly recovering from my latest addiction. I am now able to sometimes think of other things besides "Twilight", though I still have quite a ways to go. The paragraph above, says it all, at least for me.

Quickly I'd like to welcome some new comers to the Twilight fan club...Katie S., Melissa N., and someone who would like to remain anonymous (your secret's safe with me-though recognition is the first step to recovery). Hopefully soon, we will be welcoming Karie H. and Shannon R., both who will soon be starting the series.
The "Twilight Family" is growing bigger every day :)

Now for my actual "post". I have been working hard on getting my storage room organized. I got the first, of hopefully several, Shelf Reliance Switch Back Shelving Systems up for my canned food storage. It seriously, is a gift from heaven!! Completely amazing!! I recommend the systems to anyone interested. They are totally worth their weight in gold!

The only set back to organizing my food storage has been realizing that I have an over-abundance of some things and not nearly enough of others. So, right now as it stands, if there was an emergency, our family would be living on canned corn, canned green beans, macaroni and cheese, cream of chicken soup, ramen, tomato soup and of course, the 10 yr supply of cold cereal I've somehow managed to acquire. These items are bounteous within our home. If you are ever in need of anything listed above, you know who to call.

So, I still have two more shelves to organize and then I'll be taking a few photos to post, so that you all can "ooooo & aahhhh" along with me. I am SO excited!!! I am hoping to have the photos up later today.

Until then.... :)

I'm back with some photos!


This is my new switch back shelving. I LOVE IT!!!

My original shelving but now it's much more organized!


This is where you can see my "lack" of household supplies (very pathetic, I know) and my "over abundance" of cereal. Now to put this into perspective, Hannah is the only one of us that eats cereal, usually about once a week, and even then I won't let her eat the sugary kind! (I may have to add Lucky Charms, Cocoa Pebbles, & Cinnamon Toast Crunch to my eating plan...NOT GOOD!!) This morning, I insisted she eat a bowl of cheerios, with fruit and yogurt. I would hate to see all my "free & $0.50" boxes of cereal go to waste. What a shame that would be!

1 comment:

  1. I would have made that for you if you would not have moved away.

    ReplyDelete