Monday, February 4, 2008

The New Prophet & His Counselors

Today it was announced that President Thomas S. Monson is the new President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that he'll do an amazing job and that the church will continue to progress with him as our prophet. He chose President Henry B. Eyring to be his 1st councelor and Dieter F.Uchtdorf as his 2nd counselor. I wasn't surprised by Pres. Eyring but I was by Pres. Uchtdorf. He's only been an aspostle for about 3 1/2 years but during that short time I've been impressed with his talks during general conferences. So I guess when I look at it that way, I'm not surprised at all. I think Pres. Uchtdorf being called to this position just shows how international the church is and how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been spread worldwide. I sustain these wonderful men who are now at the head of Christ's church.

1 comment:

  1. I was definetely sad to see Pres. Hinckley pass away, but I can't even express how EXCITED I am for this new Presidency to begin!

    ReplyDelete