Hannah stared 2nd grade on August 18th, which was depressing. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Time flies by too fast :(
Anyway, her teacher's name is Miss Webb who she seems to love already. Hannah was thrilled that Jaime (a friend she's had in her class since Kindergarten) was in her class and that they were on the same "track" as each other. Here are some photos from the first day :)
Greg had to go out of town that morning so he got up early and made Hannah breakfast since he couldn't walk her to school. She ate those pancakes (he made a huge batch) all week long so she could think of him. It was a special moment for her.
The tradition of taking a photo on the porch before heading off to school. Hannah was bothered by the sun in her eyes but we were able to get one picture with her eyes open, which I was thankful for.
Since Greg and I were in Chicago on the "come meet your teacher" day, Hannah didn't meet her teacher until the first day of school. Hannah came home saying how much she enjoys Miss Webb and how she wants to stay in 2nd grade forever so she can always have her as her teacher, which is music to my ears compared to last year.
Hannah went in to hang up her backpack so I took a photo of her at her desk. Doesn't she look so cute!?!
Then it was off to the playground until the bell rang. Hannah found several of her friends from last year but none of them, except Jaime, was in her same class. Look how cute...she's holding Megan's hand...ahhh!
I went to go pick her up from school and I noticed that they had already done some artwork and had them hanging in the hall. I couldn't help but take Hannah's down and take a photo of it. It says "I like making dizines (designs) and this is just a dizine." and then again "this is just a dizine." So cute!! :)
When she came out of her classroom, I asked her to show me on her face, how her day went and she gave me a huge smile. That said it all! She had a wonderful day. When I asked her if she liked her teacher she said something like, "Yeah, I like her alot! She didn't even yell at us once today!" So, for those of you who are aware of the frustrating situation from last year, I'm happy to say that this year seems to be the complete opposite, which again I'm very thankful for :)
Here's to a better year--all around. Looks like Hannah's off to a great start.
ReplyDeleteHannah is one awesome girl! I can't believe she is in second grade!!!
ReplyDelete