Here's downtown at night. Isn't it beautiful? I loved the downtown area! It was amazingly clean and not a bum in sight! Loved it!!
We went to the Chicago temple, which was an interesting experience. First of all, Greg & I had forgotten our recommends so good thing we had our 1st councilor with us. He asked the man on the phone, "What do we got to do to make this work?" A phrase that we heard many times on this trip. So, they cleared us to go but we arrived right as the session was to begin. Again, Steve and his "What do we got to do....?" and they decided to hold the session for us. We hurry in and then we realize that they no longer rent clothing!! NOW WHAT?!? Don't worry, they have us covered. They allowed us to "borrow" clothing, which only took about 20 min. for the lady to round up, meanwhile the session continues to wait for us. So finally we make it to the session, YIPPEE!! I'm glad that the 'conductor' was a bit grouchy because he kept it entertaining. Nothing like looking at him, as we're suppose to view him, then see him pull a grouch face because the movie won't play or whatever. At least it kept me awake!! :)JK...I don't fall asleep. Then (being vague here) when I put my arm through, instead of my hand landing on a shoulder, it landed on a somewhat greasy head!! Yes, talk about complete embarrassment!! The dude must have been 4 ft tall!! I felt so awful!! Anyway, by the end, we were very grateful for their willingness to help us "high-maintenance folk" from Utah.
We went and saw "Wicked", which was just that...wicked (in the very 80's sense). I totally loved it!!! I knew that it was about the Wizard of Oz but that was it and let me just say, I highly recommend it! Definitely worth the money!!
Before we saw Wicked, we decided to go to dinner at a nice little place on the corner, near the theater. Well, when we got inside and Steve asked, "what's the wait?", the lady smirked and informed him that they can book up to a year out!! With that, I turned to go; we were way out of our league. But leave it up to Steve and his "What do we got to do...?" and the next thing you know, we have the so-called "last table" in the place. We had a wonderful dinner and a very, very interesting waiter. Greg must have thought the waiter was AMAZING because he gave twice the tip that Steve did but by complete accident!! He said he noticed it and went to go change it but the waiter was coming toward the table. So he paid a high price for his mathematical skills being rusty.....Steve thinks Greg was just trying to make him look like a putts! :)
Here's Ashley and I hanging out with our new friends. We got sick of the guys constant whining and complaining so we ditched them. I think we made a wise choice. Our new friends were much more exciting!! :)
We went on a Sunset boat ride to see the city from the water. What a beautiful view!! I give props to the husband who came up with that idea!! :)
Just hanging out waiting for the boat to leave port...Steve, Ashley, & Gregor or should I say Michael?!? :)
Here's a picture of the pretty water. It was a bit windy & chilly but don't worry, I had my trusty "Chicago" sweat shirt to keep me warm. Hey, it was on sale that makes it OK.
These other photos I post for my own satisfaction & for my own enjoyment. I will leave no explanation except they all have their own "had to have been there" story, which I'm sorry to say, can't be shared. I know it's hard to be left out in the cold but maybe thinking up your own story lines will bring some excitement into your life and warm you up a bit :)
I was anxious to see the "UPPER" and "LOWER" WACKER pics - where did they disapear to?
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun with you guys, I love that pic of the city at night, I can't wait to GO BACK!!!
So many great memories, and lots of good ammo for the future "laughing game" episodes!
Okay, really, I just looked at the nasty foot picture again - and gross! I can't believe that you posted those things!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteJust wonderin' if anyone happened to get Michael Phelp's autograph while we were there? ;)
ReplyDeletelove wicked! glad u guys got to see it! You all need to move out to Chicago so we can be closer!
ReplyDeleteThat looked like a wonderful trip! Chicago is stunning! I love Wicked as well. It came here several years ago and once it started I wished I had brought Daria along to see it. That totally rocks that you were able to take a "couple" trip without kiddos. Awesome! By the way, I loved the pictures...... (I WANT A NEW CAMERA)
ReplyDelete