Ok, so now I am on a role. I want to share some more of the songs by "Casting Crowns". If you would like to listen to them just click the link. Then let me know what you think. Again the lyrics are amazing and so deep. I love to think about the symbolism and then apply them to my life.
"The Voice Of Truth"
These lyrics bring to mind the adversary who tries to convince us that we are wrong and that the gospel of Jesus Christ is wrong but at those moments, we need to listen to the voice of truth. They also say that the adversary tries to pull us down and convince us that we aren't good enough and to just give up, again in those moments, we need to listen to the voice of truth.
"Who Am I"
I think this song really hits home for me. Sometimes I really wonder how our Savior can love me as much as he says he does. He sees past my failures and short-coming and still loves me. We are all children of God with a divine heritage. We are of unimaginable worth but how often do we actually feel that way? For me, not so much and I know that it's just Satan convincing me of my supposed "worthlessness". This song inspires me to not only be proud of who am I but to actually believe who I am.
"Does Anybody Hear Her?"
This song is one that makes me reflect on how I treat those around me who might have different lifestyles than I would choose. I like that part in the song where it states "under the shadow of our steeple, live all the lost and lonely people, searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me. Can anybody hear her? Can anybody see?" It makes me wonder how many people around me I don't see or at least recognize when they are struggling. Do I assume that just because my neighbor has a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other that he isn't worth sharing the gospel to? Sometimes I feel I'm guilty of that because I assume that the individual wouldn't want to hear but who am I to make that choice for him? Anyway, this is definitely an area that I need to grow in. Sometimes in our "Mormon culture" we assume people are "bad" because they are different and because we don't want that influence in our lives but I would encourage us to realize that they don't know any better. How could they? They haven't been taught yet. It's up to us to teach ALL of God's children!!
I think this next song fits under the same topic as the last song. I know the video is a bit "B-" level but the message is clear. Hope you enjoy this one as well...
"If We Are the Body"
"Stain Glass Masquerade"
This one reminds me of our lesson a few weeks back in Relief Society, when it was said that it's nice to see others weaknesses because then they're more real and we don't feel like we're all alone. This one hits home, well, all of these do but I do find myself looking at other families or mothers and comparing myself to them, and every time I lose!! I know that's not what the Lord would have us do, so why do we?
Ok, so that's it for now but believe me I could go on & on, especially if I moved on to different artists but I think this will do for now. I really hope these touched you the way they always touch me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment