I apologize to any of you who read the comment I left on someone else's blog concering racism. As you can see, it's a tender topic for me. It frustrates me when others play it down when we've had to live with it. Some really close friends of ours have lived with it their entire lives. Unless you've experienced it, you'd never understand it. Infact, I'm sure many will disregard my comments as not true. I wish that were the case.
But I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intent. I just wanted to share my view, which I'm learning can't be shared completely until situations change in my life and until I'm once again allowed to just be "Celeste". So, until then, my opinions will only be left here and no where else. Feel free to read them if you'd like, if not, that's fine too.
Again, I apologize.
I am sooooo curious as to what the CORN you are talking about!Hpwever since I don't I will just say this...
ReplyDeleteYou have a different perspective then most of us do about dealing with racism. We are all adults and hopefully we can learn from each others experiences both positive and negative!
LOL, Tiffany I don't know you but I totally love the "what the corn" verbage!!! gonna use it.
ReplyDeleteCeleste, I agree with Tiffany, having children of a mixed race gives you a vantage point that those of us who don't will never trully know. Thank you for sharing your views and experiences, which will help all of us learn more about each other and the human race and prejudice.
Help your children learn how to surround themselves with wonderful, good people, and they will be fine; that's my theory.
ReplyDelete