So every year I try and make sure I take the time to make my kids Halloween costumes. There have been a few exceptions thus far but for the most part, I make it happen. This year the kids went as cowboys! It took me quite a while to find exactly what I was looking for for Hannah's costume but I think it came together great!! Hannah helped unpick the ruffle that was around the edge of the skirt so I could use them as patterns for our new fabric. I really lucked out and found the jacket, already complete, at a local thrift store! I was so excited!! And Gabe's was fun to make and I was surprised that it turned out as cute as it did! I had messed up when cutting out the pattern for his chaps so I had to improvise. And for someone who only sews about twice a year, I'm not very educated in the "let's improvise" area of sewing. The only thing that didn't work out was boots for each of them. I looked everywhere...thrift stores, ebay, craigslist, etc but I couldn't find any that were in good shape and at a decent price. I can't believe how much cowboy boots are!!! It's crazy!!! But I think the costumes turned out great even without the boots, though with the boots would have made it that much better!! The kids seemed to have a great time trick-or-treating and the weather was surprisingly nice! It was a great day!!

Hannah in her Cowgirl outfit

"Howdy there, partner!"

Strikin' a pose!

My handsome little cowboy!

On our way out to Trick-or-Treat! You can't tell by this picture but the kids have mulitple layers of clothing on underneith their costumes. Infact, Gabe found it very difficult to walk in all of his. Hannah or Greg kept having to help him up the stairs cuz he couldn't bend his legs all the way. I thought it was rather funny!! :)

We brought the red wagon along to carry the candy when it gets too heavy for the kids to carry.

Grandma and the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment