On Monday I went to the new WinCo in Orem. I was very excited because their grand opening specials were GREAT! I thought I'd just quickly run there, check the place out, get the things they had on special and then be on with the rest of my day....well, let's just say, as soon as I entered into the parking lot, I knew I was going to be there a while. I had to search for a parking spot for about 15 mins (the whole time having to pee like a racehorse) but finally found one...YIPPEE!!! Off to the restroom I go!! After walking from the back section of the parking lot and finally making it to the entrance, I realized that there were no carts and that there was a bunch of people hanging around waiting for one to "just appear", I guess. I wasn't one of those who believed in magic so I headed back out to the parking lot to stock some innocent shopper and follow them to their car...so that I could then take their cart. I ended up even farther away than I had originally parked but found a nice lady willing to let me hover over her while she put her groceries in the car then gladly gave me her cart. YIPPEE!!! Off to the restrooms I go!! Now I'm back inside the store trying to maneuver in between all the many many shoppers stopping to check out all of the GREAT deals. I couldn't help but stop a couple of times to add a few things to my cart while on my path to the restroom. I finally made it to the main part of the store, with my cart now filled with several smokin' hot deals, still looking for the ever-elusive Restrooms!! I mean, how hard can it be to find them?!? I assumed there would be some in the back, like Walmart, and was about to head there when across the sea of people I saw the heavenly sign...RESTROOMS...great, right? Not so great...they were in the front of the store to use AFTER you checked out! I was beside myself now, absolutely knowing I couldn't wait until I was done shopping. The checkout lines alone were about a 20-30 minute wait!!! Just then a friendly worker walked by and I asked if there were restrooms in the back and to my dismay, there were not. BUT this amazing, friendly, wonderful worker said she'd watch my cart (wasn't about to lose it after searching the parking lot for 15 mins for it) while I went to the restroom. I swear I could've kissed her...but I didn't. FINALLY, shopping without the "emergency alarms" going off in my head! WooHoo!!
So, to make this very long story shorter, I was there for 3 hrs!! Due to the crowds & the lines. But I have to say that it was all worth it! I got a HUGE amount of groceries for a very reasonable price. When I left the checkout line, I had to go pee again, of course, so I headed to the restrooms. I wasn't about to leave my over-flowing cart out where people could easily just walk off with it. Not to be mean, but there were many of those types that would say "I like the dollar store because I don't have to get all dressed up to go there, like I do Walmart" (true story!) at WinCo getting all the good deals like I was. So, I wasn't going to chance it. What do I do then? Well, I take the cart in the restroom with all the workers scuzzing me because there's a sign that says I can't do that. But none of them said anything to me or tried to stop me so I just wandered my way into the huge handicap stall.
Mission accomplished!! I had wasted my entire day but I had done what I had set out to do. I got amazing deals (and the rest of my shopping list cuz I knew I wouldn't have time to stop at Walmart afterwards) and Gabe got a nice new ball...he was thrilled about that. And I was thrilled that it entertained him and that he used it as a pillow...so if he got tired he just laid his head on his new ball!!
So, here's a pic of the carefully stacked cart, yes in the stall, that cost me $168 w/tax. Can't complain about that!! :) And no, I'm not sitting on the tiolet while taking the pic, I was standing in front of it...I know how some of you guys think ;)
I can't wait to hit WinCo! Glad you had a memorable experience :o)
ReplyDelete