Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gymnastics

Today after my weekly Sunday nap, I laid in bed and watched my little girls just tumbling around in my belly. It was sooo amazing!!! I can't believe how blessed I am to be able to experience a miracle like pregnancy. I'm trying hard to enjoy this experience and since I've been past the 1st trimester I have. Yes, my feet are swollen, my knees ache, my head aches constantly, my ribs feel like I've been punched in them a few thousand times and my face is as round as a pumpkin but I'm still loving this experience.

It's just so funny how the Lord's timing is perfect. Maybe if I would have gotten prego when Greg and I had wanted to, I wouldn't value & cherish this experience as much. There's no way to know for sure but I'm grateful it's now and not then. Through the Lord's timing I've learned the value of just being called "mommy" when we were blessed with Hannah in our lives. I've tried hard not to take being a mother for granted. I learned that all men don't leave you when we were blessed with Gabe. I was so afraid of raising a boy. I was so afraid he'd leave me. But he taught me that there's nothing to be afraid of...he'll be mine forever...for eternity!

You might wonder why that's a fear of mine...I think it stems from two father's leaving me, my grandfather, who was pretty much my father-figure, dying when I was 12yrs old, my brother never being in the home...always in trouble, and a close male friend dying at a young age...not sure why I never feared Greg leaving me but that's always felt 100% solid....Funny how our minds work...anyway...

I'm just grateful that I know the Lord's directing my path and that all things that come my way are for my betterment. Though at times it can be hard to understand the whole picture, I have to just keep having faith that the Lord will guide me and that his understanding is far superior to mine. I've asked Him to lead my life, I've submitted my will to His and I have to believe all is for the best.

Can't wait for the next gymnastic performance from my little princesses!!

4 comments:

  1. Pregnancy really is an amazing miracle! The gymnastics were always my favorite part-completely awe inspiring....until you get kicked in the ribs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste...you are awesome! That was a brave and inspiring post. Have fun with your little tumblers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWww what a sweet post! It is an incredible thing isn't it? YOu look GREAT! I can't imagine having 2 inside me. AWESOME. SO excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete