Yesterday I woke up next to a kitty with a swollen nose. After closer examination, I realized that she had an impacted tooth and, more than likely, needed it pulled.
My kitty is 15 1/2 yrs old, so about 93 yrs in "cat years"...she's an old kitty!! I've had her longer than I've had Greg! Anyway, I knew right away that I'd be taking her to the vet (today) to get the situation taken care of. I texted Greg this...
"Kitty Meow has an abscessed tooth (I think) and the side of her nose (under her eye) is all swollen. I'm gonna have 2 take her 2 the vet 2morrow. I'll also ask him abt her joints while I'm there. Poor little 93 yr old kitty!! She needs dentures cuz I'm sure they'll pull the tooth! :( "
I didn't think much of the text, other than I wondered if Greg would be bugged about a vet bill, and then went back to what I was doing. Then, I got this text from Gregor...
"Uh r u serious about the dentures?"
I broke out laughing because I knew Greg thought I was serious about the dentures. SO, being the NICE wife that I am, I replied with this...
"Ummmm....how's she gonna eat?"
I hoped that Greg would think I was serious and couldn't wait for his reply. I kept waiting and waiting but no reply. I had figured that he was either busy at work or that he was so annoyed that my cat "needed" dentures that he wasn't going to respond! At some point I forgot about the conversation.
Fast forward to this morning... I see Greg in the bathroom brushing his teeth. I go in because I notice that he isn't using the new automatic toothbrush I'd bought him. I begin telling him not only that he needs to use the new toothbrush that I got him but also that he needs to brush his teeth in a "circular motion" so that he doesn't ruin his gums...I've been reminding him about that since we were first married. You can see the wonderful progress I've made in the past 14 1/2 years on the subject BUT that doesn't discourage me! I will continue reminding him (Greg calls it nagging) until all of his teeth fall out and there is no longer a need to, which is exactlyy what I told him! Then the conversation from yesterday came back to me. I put a smirk on my face and continued on by saying, "...if you don't, you'll end up wearing dentures like Kitty-Meow!" I expected him to start laughing or something but he didn't. He looked at me with eyes like..."yeah, we need to talk about that. I'm NOT about to buy a cat dentures!"
I decided to put him out of his misery by telling him I was just joking. His face was a bit confused at first but then a smiled appeared (along with a look of relief). He said to me..." I totally believed you up until now!" Greg went on to say that he was so trilled that he wouldn't be having to put out "like $2000" for a pair of cat dentures!
I was so surprised that he REALLY thought I'd buy, my 93yr old cat, dentures!! I mean, do they really even make dentures for cats?!? And if they do, is there really someone out there who would buy them?!? Especially if their cat was about to go the way of the earth, anyway??
Too funny!!! Greg makes me laugh and I love that about him!! He's my best friend! :)
That was hysterical! .... cat dentures! love it! I'm going to "remind" Ken that when he thinks I'm "nagging" it's really "reminding". I like that!
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I almost peed reading this post! I can totally see Greg's face with "are you serious..." look on it. Love it!
ReplyDeletehehehehe! That is funny!
ReplyDelete