
Ok, so I know this may sound a bit unbelievable seeing how I was pregnant with twins BUT when I went to my 2 week appointment (after having the babies) my total "baby weight" was only ONE POUND!! That's it!! I had gone in expecting 20lbs and told myself if it was less, I had reason to celebrate so when it turned out being only 1 single little pound, I was completely ecstatic!! How did I ever manage that?!?
Well, I wasn't sure how I did it but I was thrilled that I didn't have to "work off" tons of baby weight, though I had decided to add 10lbs that I gained from the invitro drugs onto the 1lb...giving me a grand total of 11 lbs I wanted to lose. Then I got sick with mastitis, which brought my grand total down to an amazing 5 lbs!! I was like...this is easier than I thought!!! Woo-whoo!!! But I do have to admit, my body was carrying the weight differently, which I wasn't thrilled about. My belly was much bigger than it used to be!!
Fast forward to the here-and-now....I'm not sure how much I weigh because I don't have a scale and I haven't been back to the doctor since the whole mastitis mess BUT I have a feeling that my "gotta-lose" weight is much higher than it used to be. Why, you may ask?...Oreos and Red Vines!!! I'm not sure what changed in my body after having my beautiful miracles but it now CRAVES sugar CONSTANTLY!!! If I'm up in the middle of the night feeding the babies, I'm also feeding myself...sugar! It's really getting out of hand!! I'm not sure if this stems from the stress of moving and dealing with new born twins or if my body has somehow been altered to require Oreos and Red Vines!! I tell myself that today's gonna be the day... the day I stop the addiction... the day I go into detox... the day to turn over a new leaf... but then I walk into my pantry (which I love...it's HUGE) and there they are waiting for me!! And so of course, I dive right in.
The other night I was watching The Biggest Loser and there I sat Oreos and Red Vines piled on my lap. I glanced down at one point and thought..."Isn't that ironic? If I don't stop this obsession, then I may have to become a contestant on this show!!" BUT that didn't stop me. Not sure what will...hoping to figure that out soon!!
As for now, I've decided to start exercising to help counteract all the calories I'm shoving into my always-open mouth. I do like the weather here, so I've decided to tie on the old running shoes and give that a try. If not, I always have my trusty eliptical that just sits there collecting dust. AND I also have Wii Fit that I purchased to use during my pregnancy but never did because I was either sick or miserable. So, I have options... I just need to utilize them. And as for now, I'm SO SO SO grateful I'm breastfeeding because if not, I'd weigh even more I'm sure!
Hmmmm....I wonder if I'm causing Eliana and Emmalie to gain an addiction to my beloved Oreos and Red Vines? If so, we can all enjoy them together until I get up enough strength to let them go.....
Ode To My Beloveds...Oreos & Red Vines...
(allow me to quote from a song that went through my head last night...literally)
Here I am at six o'clock in the morning, still thinking about you...my yummy Oreos...
It's still hard at six o'clock in the morning, to sleep without you...my scrumptious Red Vines...
And I know that it might seem to late for love...dear sweet ones...
All I know...
I need you now...little round crunchy cookie...
More than words can say
I need you now...long slender Red Vine...
I've gotta find a way
I need you now...long slender Red Vine wrapped around little round crunchy cookie...
Before I lose my mind...I think I already have...
I need you now! ...heading toward my pantry...
(Alias 1990)
Need I say more?!?
You are such a dork! Cute as heck, but a dork none the less! :) I miss you. Oh yeah and I miss Utah. For that matter, I miss my Oreos. I need them now! More than words can say...
ReplyDeleteAnd after all you have been through lately, you deserve your little obsessions! And dang you look good!
ReplyDeleteYou have to say that...you're my husband! But I love that you might actually believe it! :)
ReplyDeleteI've decided that all moms need their special treats because on a hard day with the kids, nothing fixes you better than Oreos :o) I love your random food obsessions that come up from time to time-they crack me up! I wish I had oreos.....
ReplyDeleteRheanna...I know, I'm so funny that way. I call them "kicks". Usually it's food (treats or a certain restaurant) but it can also be a movie or a book....but it's usually all about the food!!! I think it's part of my somewhat compulsive personality. I just can't help myself and I've noticed that it usually happens when I'm stressed out. I had a friend say that it may be my way of somehow having control when my little world feels out-of-control. YOu know, if I can't control what's going on in my life, I can surely control what goes into my mouth...kinda thing. I guess that makes sense. I'm glad I can make you laugh, every-now-and-then, with my obsessions!! :)
ReplyDelete