Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Up and Running...Again

I absolutely LOVE the weather here in the Seattle area.
LOVE the rain! LOVE the drizzle! LOVE the overcast skies! LOVE IT ALL!!
And since I love it so much, I've decided I need to get out and enjoy it!
What better way than to go for a run!

It's been a long time since I've "gone for a run". I tried to become a "running junkie" along with my friends in the "Land of Eagles" but I didn't find it very fun. Infact, it was more of a chore than anything else. It almost took the same amount of energy to convince myself to go for a run as it did to actually do the running. I have now decided it was due to the lack of "I love this" scenery that the Land of Eagles offered.

Now there are some who find beauty in dry looking mountains, sage brush-as far as the eye can see, road kill-lots and lots of road kill, and nothing much else...but I didn't. So, there really wasn't much there to motivate me to go running and enjoy what nature had to offer. BUT NOW...I'm in the type of surroundings I ABSOLUTELY LOVE so why not give it another try? Right?

Well, that's what I did tonight. I tied on the old running shoes and gave it a whirl. Since Greg was not home, I decided just to run around our "loop", as they call them here, so I could stay really close to home. I only ran a mile, so I could go and get the kids into bed, but it was the best mile I've ever ran! It felt so good! The air was so nice and crisp and the scenery was beautiful (I REALLY REALLY like our community...it's so pretty!) and now I can finally say, I understand why people like to run...or even LOVE to run!

It's so funny how one short little mile can change a girl's perspective. It went from "this is tiring exercise that I really can't stand" to... "bummer!! I have to go get the kids in bed. Cant wait to do this again tomorrow and for MUCH MUCH longer!!" I only got to run a few minutes but it was so wonderful :)


So, to all you runners out there that I could never fully understand, I getcha now!! I understand!! You know, I'm almost ready to commit to my first 5k or 10k!!

5 comments:

  1. You are nuts! The weather sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I am proud of you for running again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never liked running. Maybe I'll get your enthusiasm for it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that Greg is ACYTUALLY reading your blog! Good on ya, Greggors! ;)
    Glad you gave it another try - it is such a good release and something that you can do for yourself and feel accomplished AND awesome exercise!!! Welcome back to the world of running - glad to have ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok. So I just noticed that I can't spell 'ACTUALLY'...oops!

    ReplyDelete