Ok, so we have had an incomplete 72 hr kit in a very large tub stored out in the garage for several years now!!! I have recently sensed that I should put the items into back packs, update them, and complete the kits. I took the opportunity yesterday, (because I was bored, Hannah's at school now.....ALL DAY!!!) to pull out all of the stuff that we've stashed here or there, for the 72 hr kit, along with the huge incomplete tub from the garage. I was amazed at how much stuff we really had, though it wouldn't have done us any good in an emergency, since it was spread throughout the house, basement, and garage. I have spent the past two days doing a checklist and packing the items into the nifty new backpacks we ordered through our Stake. I am happy to say that we just need some light-weight clothing and a few other odds & ends and we will have a COMPLETE 72 HR KIT!!! YIPPEE!!!! We are going out tonight and getting the rest of the items, so if there's an emergency tomorrow, we will be SO ready for it!! This is a major accomplishment for me because I am always worried about there being an emergency and not being prepared. There, for sure, will be a major sense of peace that will come by having the kit finally complete!!
Hannah lost her 8th tooth 2 nights ago! She was bound and determined to get that tooth out. She was up in the bathroom just wiggling, tugging, and twisting away!! And, as I knew she would, she got it out!! She was so proud!! Her last tooth she lost last month, while on vacation. Our friend's family tooth fairy visited her but didn't take the tooth because their family's tooth fairy leaves the teeth for the kids. So, Hannah got to keep her last tooth. So with this one she left a note saying that she would not only like to keep this tooth but that she would like her other teeth back!! Seemed simple enough, right? Well, the tooth fairy forgot to come (which I'm sad to say has happened in that past. Good thing that last time, Greg had seen on the news that the Tooth Fairy was sick that night..........uuuuuummmmm........OK, whatever works!!) which made for a rather heart-breaking, attitude-filled, temper-tantruming morning!!! After some swift maneuvering on my part, she "miraculously" found her dollar bill mixed up in her comforter, while making her bed!! Shwoo, that was a close one!!! So the Miller family tooth fairy returned last night again and left all of Hannah's other teeth for her. Mission accomplished!!
Good for you on your 72 hour kits! Wanna come finish mine? Ours have been so close to done for so long, I should just do it!
ReplyDeleteHey I am all about helping you so if you really want me to come help, I'm there!! just let me know!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your toothfairy needs a taking to about how to not "forget" LOL!!!! kidding of course
ReplyDelete