So, most of you know that Hannah has been taking piano lessons for the last little while. It has been such a hassel getting her to practice and I began feeling like this may not be a battle that I want to take on. So, I let her know how I felt about her playing the piano and let her make the choice if she was going to continue on. I told her that if she chose to continue on that she had to dedicate herself and that I didn't want to have to fight with her about practicing. Just as I thought, she chose to stop playing the piano because she really wants to take dance lessons (at this piont in our home, we only want one extra-curricular activity at a time). I was very sad about her choice but it has relieved a lot of stress from my morning routine. Mornings are much nicer now!
Now for the happy part...Hannah's piano teacher allowed me to take Hannah's spot as her student. I was sooooooooo excited!!! But I have to admit, it's pretty tough especially that whole timing thing!! Yikes!! Plus, I had kind-of taught myself how to somewhat play (like the easy hymns, nothing major by any means) and now having to learn the correct way is quite the challenge. I keep reading the music the way I had taught myself to read it, instead of learning where each of the notes are. It becomes somewhat discouraging because I want to be really good, really fast BUT I'm beginning to see that it's going to take some time.....a lot of time :)
As soon as I have my first recital, I'll post it here. I'm sure I'll be hanging out with all of the 5-9yr olds. They'll be wondering why the old lady is playing in the recital and laughing because they'll be better than me :)
I'm excited for you! Let me know when you want to substitute for me at church :o) Good Luck, you'll do great!
ReplyDeleteThat is great that you want to play the piano! Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!! EVerybody wins!!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!!! Way to go!!!! I am so thrilled for you and I know you won't be with the 5year olds because seeing you play on my piano, you are a natural. Now what would be cool is you and I could practice a duet together!!!!! I can't wait to see your recital!!! You go girl!
ReplyDeleteOh, one other last thought. Good for you for allowing Hannah to make the decision (from one you know what to another) it is so hard as a parent to let that happen but I'm glad you did it.
ReplyDelete