Monday, April 7, 2008

True Service

What would your house look like if you had to have your 7yr old watch your 1 yr old for the entire day, while you lay dieing in bed? Well, as soon as I download my photos, you'll get to see.


Greg had to go out of town and my mom was in Ogden....and I was sick! Hannah just so happened to be out of school for some sort of teachers work day, which became my saving grace. Hannah did her very best as she cared not only for her baby brother but for her sick mother also. I could barely walk so I only got up to feed them and change Gabe's bum.

At the end of the night when I knelt down next to Hannah to pray, the tears just began to fall. I thanked the Lord for Hannah's service toward me and her brother and for her kind heart and willingness to serve me. I felt so grateful for what she had done for me. It had been quite a while since I had felt that level of gratitude. I am so thankful she's my daughter and that she loved me enough to use her day off from school to care for her family.

The experience puts a whole new perspective on what our Lord and Savior has done for each of us. Just as Hannah did for me what I couldn't do for myself, so has Christ but at a much much higher level. I can only imagine the level of gratitude I will experience when I see him face to face. I'm sure the tears will flow, as they did with Hannah's service, from the overwhelming feeling of love I will feel from my older brother.

Hannah was such an example to me and I hope to one day be as she is!!

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet your house looked like what mine did while I read twilight. What an angel though, Hannah is such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see photos. Hannah is a special child, her internal moral compass is mature beyond her years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, if we lived closer I could have helped out, BUT NOOOOOOOO someone had to go move FAR away, FAR FAR away. :o)

    ReplyDelete