Friday, September 11, 2009
9/11
So, here we are 8 yrs later and the emotions of 9/11 are still fresh within me. I watched a few news specials, a few videos on the web and read a couple of artilces and can't help but cry! Gabe kept asking me if I was "sad". And yes, I am sad!! I'm sad that my children will never know what it was like before the towers fell...before flying was so difficult...before passports were needed to get into CANADA, for heavens sake. They will live their lives always wondering if it'll happen again or WHEN it will happen again. I was blessed that those type of thoughts never ran through my childhood mind. But those days are over and now we are living in a different time. I just wish it never would have changed because my children deserve the best! And the "America" we're living in right now, is far from the best! But they will hear the "Glory Days" stories from Greg & I and I'm sure they'll try to invision "how it used to be". I can only hope and pray that they will never have to experience the pain, shock, fear, and confusion that I felt on September 11th, 2001.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well written. I agree. Remembering 9/11.
ReplyDelete