Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Going To The State Fair!

One of the traditions in our family, while growing up, was going to the State Fair. I used to look forward to it every year! Several times I submitted my "art" and won a few ribbons. The thought of the fair brings a smile to my heart. It also reminds me of my grandpa who holds a special place in my heart.

So, on Saturday, we went with my mom and sister to the fair. It turned out to be a really fun time! It was great to spend time with my sister and nephew because we don't get to see them a lot. Hannah and Gabe had a blast on the rides and I loved looking at all of the art submissions....Oh, does anyone know when scrapbooking became an art catagory? Just wondering....anyway, I also enjoyed looking at the photography. If we're still here next year (and with our luck we will be) then I'm going to encourage Hannah to submit something to the fair. I think it helps kids gain confidence and pride in their talents.

Here are some pics...


We thought this bench was funny because it had the handicap parking sign right behind it. I was like..."look mom! They have a special seat just for you!!" She didn't find it as funny as I did :)
(Hannah took this picture...she's pretty good with the camera!)


All the "kids" on the big colorful slide!


Braydn and Hannah on the ride that slowly takes you way up and then drops you. I'm not a fan of this ride, nor any ride that is similar to it. Hannah said it was fun until she got to the very top. Then she said her body started shaking but she said she'd do it again!


Braydn and Hannah and the funky blue robot!


Hannah, Greg, and Braydn on the "flying ride". This one was a "must" on Hannah's list. Greg seemed to like it as well.


Gabers and Daddy on the "helicocker" ride. Gabe was just THRILLED that there was a "helicocker" ride! He had a blast on it!!


Here's little Gabers playing like he's an airplane while Braydn carries him around. The reason his legs are straight out is because they are his "wheels" and he says he can't land without his "wheels". I thought that was cute!!


Hannah and Gabe on the Huge Wheel!! Gabe was amazed by how big it was...but he's infactuated by wheels so, of course, he'd be in love with this one! Not so much the tractor but it's wheels.
That's it, until next year...

2 comments:

  1. Just one question...did Greg go running for the bathroom after he rode the "flying ride"...kinda reminds me of the Superman ride...love ya Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like super fun. I love the family picture. Your mom looks great! by the way, cute dangly earrings Celeste, I like them. Here the kids art is nominated for the Livestalk Show and Rodeo by school. I hope Daria will get hers in someday. She's done pretty well.

    ReplyDelete