Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Consider Yourself Warned!!

Yesterday, I went to JoAnn's to get some stretchy fabric for a shirt I'm gonna be making (that's a whole other story-let's just say, I lack in the knowledge area when it comes to sewing. Good thing those who don't are only a phone call away!). I was about half-way through my shopping experience when I had to take a potty break...of course!! I've decided I'm not only investing in mustard but also in Charmin. It's completely out-of-hand! Anyway, I waddled across the store to the restrooms (they're always on the other side when I'm in "emergency" mode, which is pretty much every potty break...the girls think my bladder is a trampoline or something) and had to drag little Gabe into the "girls" bathroom, which he wasn't very happy about!

Pause...

side story...the other day I was checking out at Walmart and Gabe said he had to go potty. So I sent him with Hannah knowing she's more than capable of dealing with the situation. When they returned, Hannah had a funny look on her face. I finally asked her what was up. She then turned and look at me with a kind-of tickled look on her face and said something like..."they had a little Buddy sized potty for Gabe..." (this is when my head began to think so as she continued I was only listening half way...I knew the front restrooms in Walmart only had full-sized toilets...so as I was replaying what she said in my mind, she continued) ..."and it was hanging on the wall. It was kind of funny looking." Once I processed the 1st part of her statement, my mind cringed as it went onto the 2nd part of her statement....hanging on the wall?!?!? What?!? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Hannah had taken Gabe into the boys bathroom to go potty and she went in with him!! I stood there speechless, not sure what to say. Finally I asked her if she had actually took him into the boys bathroom. She replied, "he didn't want to go into the girls so I took him into the boys". My eyes, by this point, were huge just from imagining what could have gone wrong in such a situation. I then explained to her that little 9 yr old girls DO NOT go into the boys bathrooms because it's not appropriate. She seemed to understand why but I still couldn't get my mind off of some guy walking into the restroom and finding my 9yr old little girl in there!! And what if he was a freak and decided to relieve himself while she was waiting on Gabe!!!! Oh, the horror stories that could have come out of that situation!!! I'm so so grateful that they were the only ones in there, which is a major miracle.

Anyway...back to JoAnn's...

Once inside the stall, I gave Gabe the "don't touch anything" spill that I always give. Then proceeded to save my bladder from possible destruction via rupture. After I stood up, I noticed something very very disgusting! There was pee all over the floor and I was standing right in it!! I again, repeated the "don't touch anything, especially the floor" command to Gabe with more emotion, this time around. I couldn't believe that someone just left pee on the floor!!! I mean, who does that?!? If Gabe misses for whatever reason...I clean it up! I wipe off the toilet or the ground!!! It's called common courtesy!!! Am I wrong?!?!?

Now for the point of this post....I've never been one who touches the flush handles in any business bathrooms. I just don't! I use my foot to flush. I've wondered a few times, if I'm just being anal about it (after I saw Gabe doing it with his foot at home) because I'm gonna wash my hands anyway...but I just can't bring myself to touch it!! YUCKIE!! Then as I lifted my now pee-covered shoe to flush the toilet, I realized EXACTLY why I don't touch the handles...little boys pee on the floor, lazy mother's don't clean it up, innocent "potty breakers" accidentally step in it and then proceed to flush the toilet with their feet!! That's why!!

I finally got the confirmation that I needed!!! I'm not being anal...I'm being smart! Who wants someone else's pee on their hands?!? The thought freaks me out! For a split second I felt guilty that my pee-shoe was going to touch the handle that many other ladies would touch, but I wasn't about to use my hands...sorry! So, if you're still one who actually flushes the toilet with your hands, in public places, just imagine my dirty-nasty-pee-shoe flushing the toilet right before you! You just might change your mind!

Consider yourself warned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment