Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Let Go and Let God"

On Monday the 5th we found out for sure that we're having twin girls. There was a part of me that went..."really?!?" because, as I've said before, we were positive that there was a little boy in there. Now, before I get into my "deep-thinking" mode, I want to clarify that I am in no way "disappointed" to be having twin girls, infact I'm thrilled by it but it really made me take a major step back to review the situation. I love dressing up little girls!! I can only imagine how much funner it is when I'll have two to dress up at the same time!! Can't wait!!!

Now for the "deep-thinking" part of this blog. The reason that I'm bothered that there wasn't a little boy in there is mainly because that means there's a little blond boy out there somewhere that's coming into our family. That thought freaks me out because we're getting old and we don't have much time to keep adding kids into our family. Another reason it freaks me out is the thought of being pregnant again (I've vowed to never do this again), though he might come into our home via adoption but that's not how I understood it.

Let's put this into perspective...at the age of 32, I only had one child. At the age of 36, I will have four children. If there's another little boy out there, along with our little Asian girl that we know we're suppose to adopt, that will make a grand total of SIX KIDS by the age of 40 (ish). That's a HUGE leap in children within a few short years!!!!! THE THOUGHT FREAKS ME OUT...REALLY FREAKS ME OUT!!!

I guess at times like this I just need to "let go and let God" as they say in the South. He's obviously in control because Greg and I have submitted our will to His. I just wish I could see into the future so I could see how this all works out!! I know it'll work out perfectly, as it always does when you let the Lord lead your life, but I'm a little impatient now that I completely misunderstood what he was trying to tell me. I guess I could look at it as, we'll have a VERY productive next few years!!! I seriously can't wait to see how this whole thing turns out...how our family turns out!!

Oh, one more little bit of info about our twins that we found out of the 5th...they are measuring 7" (head to rump) and weigh about 8 oz each. They are exactly the same size and weight...how cute!! They already want to be just like each other. And since they aren't identicle, I'm very curious how each of them will look...another thing I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Here's to the future!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, I can't wait for your twins to get here :o)! It's funny how life turns out in ways that you could have never imagined on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always you are an inspiration to me of faith, patience and obedience. Super excited for baby girls A&B. Photographed Shannon's graduation pictures this weekend and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw...... with that "BIG" family of yours you will fit right in here in Texas because as we both know everything is "BIGGER" in Texas! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts, you will look back one day and realiz that this road would have never been the one you would have chose but it was better then you could of ever imagined!

    ReplyDelete