On my way to my doctor's appointment today, I decided to stop at good ol' Mickey D's for breakfast. Once I was driving away, with my yummy breakfast burrito in hand, I attempted to roll up my window...and it wouldn't budge. Now for those of you who live around me, you know that the weather was awfully cold with snow flurries. A quick wave of panic went through me as I realized that I had to get on I-15 to go to Orem. I glanced at little Gabe in the back seat and almost started to cry because I knew he was going to get extremely cold! I tried repeatedly to roll it back up with no luck. I did think about canceling my appointment but I really wanted to go. I hadn't been feeling baby B at all during the last couple of weeks and I wanted to make sure she was alright. I sat there, almost crying, trying to figure out what to do. I texted Greg to tell him the joyous news concerning my rebellious window, just because I needed someone to vent to, but I knew he couldn't do anything because he was in Logan. Finally, I calmed my racing mind and turned to prayer. I knew the Lord would help me because this was a righteous desire. Gabe and I said a small prayer asking for His help with the situation and began on our way. The whole way into Lehi, I kept trying & trying to get that darn window up, each attempt failed. When I got to the Lehi McDonald's I pulled in because I knew Gabe would literally FREEZE if we got on that freeway. It was already freezing in the car while going 40mph, with the heat on full blast!! I sat there in the parking lot and decided that since the Lord didn't fix the window, he must have wanted me to figure it out myself and do what I could. So, I texted Greg and asked if there was another route I could take, preferably back roads with low speed limits and waited for his reply. I wasn't sure if he'd reply because I knew he was working and may not get it in time. I sat there thinking that there had to be a way without the freeway. I had mapped out a "I hope that'll work" route in my mind and was about to set out on my journey, when Greg texted back. He gave me some directions that removed the I-15 from my drive. I was SO thrilled!!! Then I glanced at the time and realized that I was going to be late if I took the long way around but I knew I had no other choice. I started my car so I could leave and I had a feeling to check the window once more, though I had a feeling the Lord had helped me via the alternate route I had just received. I was so thankful and excited when the window went up on my 1st try!! I sat there just amazed because I knew the Lord had answered my prayers, AFTER I had done all that I could! He wanted to see if I would do my part to fix the situation not just sit there and wait for Him to do it all. I had Gabe say a quick "thank you" prayer for the blessing that we had received and we were finally on our way.
This experience has helped me to remember that God helps those who help themselves! And I think it was a great opportunity to teach Gabe how loving our Heavenly Father is and that he's aware of each of us and our individual needs.
Thanks for sharing and the reminder! Sometimes i think we get distracted with daily life tasks and forget what and who's really important.
ReplyDelete