Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ultra-sound Results

Today we went to the doctors and of course, had another ultra-sound. I was somewhat worried about this Dr. visit because I had only felt one of the babies move and not the other. I was freaking out thinking maybe they'd only find one heartbeat. I'm glad to say that I was wrong...Yippee!! Both babies are doing just fine and growing well. We go to a specialist on Monday, for measurements and stuff, and it's then we're suppose to find out what the sex of our babies are. Well, I asked my doctor if he had any ideas on the subject. He looked around a bit then finally said that he's pretty sure on what Baby A is but not Baby B because Baby B was in a funky position. Greg encouraged him to keep checking on Baby B, which he did. But again, he had a guess but wasn't at all sure if it was correct or not. At one point he asked us what we thought they were and I said a boy and girl. He then got a smirk on his face. I instantly said, "Don't tell me it's two boys!" He then turned to Greg with an even bigger smirk. My heart about dropped to the floor. Then he turned to me and said, "April fools!" I about hit him because I seriously need another little girl to dress up and put bows on!! So, after his little joke, he went on to tell us that he's pretty sure Baby A is a girl and he thinks Baby B may also be a girl. My first thought was, "that can't be right! I'm having a little boy as well!" But then, I held to the fact that he really was guessing on Baby B because he couldn't get a good look. Greg's face went blank when the doctor said two girls. He really really wants a "Zachary"!

The doctor could probably sense the mood in the room (since he didn't see a boy) and he explained to us that those who specialize in reading ultra-sounds go to 3 more years of school than he did, specifically focused on ultra-sounds and how to read them...and that's why they live in Park City and he lives in the valley. I think he was trying to calm us down and at the same time let us know that he could very well be wrong. I sure hope he is wrong! If he's not, I will really have to figure out how my interpretations could be so off. The dreams seemed so obvious and clear...never two girls, always a boy & a girl! How could I misunderstand?

Anyway, thought I'd share the limited news that I got from today's visit. I know that Monday's visit will be much more productive and we should know for sure what we're having. I haven't given up hope on our little Zachary!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I love getting ultrasounds, it makes it all seem so much more real!

    ReplyDelete