Friday, April 30, 2010

"I Can't Wrap My Mind Around It...HELP!!!"

I woke up this morning with thoughts of a nice Spring day...playing with Gabe outside, maybe even taking him to the park since Greg had gone on Hannah's field trip with her. But my nice thoughts were quickly SMASHED when I realized there was SNOW all over the ground outside!! This has been one of the worst winters of my life! I know for the majority of it I was sick on a couch but it doesn't change the fact that I'm DONE WITH WINTER!!! IS IT NOT SPRING?!? TOMORROW IS MAY FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!! But being one who likes to document such unwanted events, I put on my jacket, grabbed my camera and headed outside to take a couple of pics. The snow was beautiful but I want the beauty of Spring to meet me when I walk out my door. I snapped a couple of shots, which didn't turn out the best because I didn't want to actually step in the snow and my zoom lens was in the house.


The birdbath that should be bathing birds is only creating an ice rink for them.


This is an odd shot but again...no zoom lens. Notice how our budding tree is now freezing to death!! Good thing I haven't started my garden yet!

So, as I was walking around the yard and taking random pics, I noticed something very weird. I stopped to examine the situation and it was exactly as I thought it was. I wanted to be surprised but I was not in the slightest. Allow the photos to explain the story....put on your detective hats parents cuz you're gonna need them. Some things are just way over our "old" heads and we just can't put clues together to figure out the story...but give it your best shot!!


Hmmmmm....look at those two sets of foot prints in the snow (hard to tell there's two but there are) that lead to my basement window. WAIT!! Not just any basement window but the window of my 16yr old niece's room!! Holy smokes...what is going on here?!?! I can't figure this out!! I'm too dumb and old to understand the evidence in from of me....Also notice the open gate...hmmmm...very interesting!


Wait!! The footprints lead to the window and the window well cover is off!!! Why would that be?!? Why would anyone want to remove that cover when it's been put there for safety purposes?!? I can't wrap my mind around it!! HELP..anyone who hasn't gotten "old brain syndrome" since you've gotten older...HELP!! I can't figure this out!!!!

Once inside I noticed that the bar we have in place to secure our sliding back door had been removed!! Why?!? Tell me Why would someone remove another thing put in place for safety purposes? I mean if it's removed, someone could come into our house through the back door...not that there would be any reason for someone to do that, right?!?

OK, HOW DUMB DOES SHE THINK I AM?!? HOW DUMB ARE THEY FOR LEAVING THE EVIDENCE?!? HOW DID THEY GET OUT OF MY HOUSE WHEN THE FOOTPRINTS ONLY LEAD "TO" THE WINDOW?!? SO MANY QUESTIONS AND NO ANSWERS!! WHAT WILL I DO?!?

Let me just say one thing...I can't wait until she gets home and I can mess with her for a bit. You know, throw out random comments & odd questions that'll get her mind racing!! I'm sure I'll enjoy the panicked look on her face much more than I should...Don't mess with me little one because I've been where you've been and I know what you're up to and I'm gonna get an unusual thrill out of messing with you in return!! It's on!!

4 comments:

  1. 1) I'm totally over the snow too!
    2) The whole thing is hilarious with the footprints---I'm sure they never even thought that you'd go out there and look :o) Cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could cover for her, actually I don't! Good luck to both of you. Mostly you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little surprised by the total lack of effort in hiding the evidence. If you're gonna sneak out, at least be smart about it for crying out loud! Good luck with that. By the way, I'm against sneaking out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least you got some pretty cool pictures of the snow :o) jk

    Uhm, I know it's not funny but quite funny/ironic that you got pictures of those tracks. If she is going to leave such huge clues that she snuck out she might as well have walked out the front door. Teenagers have very little logic!

    ReplyDelete