Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mustard?

For the past several weeks I have had severe charlie horses in both of my arms. I'm sure it's from a lack of some vitamin that my babies are taking from me.

Well last night I couldn't sleep because my left arm hurt SO SO bad!! It kept waking me up and I had no clue what to do about it. The pain continued through the morning & afternoon. By dinner time I decided I couldn't handle it anymore and went online to see if there was some sort of remedy for the pain. Most of the "doctor" sites said to drink OJ (which I tried-didn't work) or to eat a banana (which I cant because I'm allergic). I thought my searching was all in vein and just continued making dinner.

But then, I just couldn't handle the pain any longer...

Have you ever hit a certain point where you're willing to try ANYTHING to fix a certain situation?!? That's where I was at!! While searching all the "doctors" suggestions, I came across a "try this...it sounds weird...but it'll work!!" kind of thread. It said to rub mustard all over the cramping area and it would make it go away. I was like...."yeah, I'll just drink some more OJ and see if that'll help" but I kept it in the back of my mind as a "just incase". So when I hit that point where I was like..."I'm gonna try it because NOTHING else is helping and I just want to chop my arm off", I decided to give it a try. I lathered my arm & hand with mustard and put on a plastic glove. Hannah and Shailee were looking at me like I was crazy BUT I did tell them that sometimes the homopathic remedies really work...though I didn't think this one would.

SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! Within about 20 minutes the pain had lessened and within about an hour it was pretty much gone. I was amazed!!

So here I sit with a yellow stained arm & hand but it's totally worth it!! I'm gonna have to buy stock in Oscar Meyer mustard because I'm sure I'll be buying a lot of it over the next 20 weeks!!

Who would have guessed?!?

4 comments:

  1. I love when the weirdest, most random things work...especially when they are cheap :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mustard? Don't let's be Silly?"
    - The March Hare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just kidding it's the Mad Hatter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm I love mustard but as a lotion thats just WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete