Friday, November 11, 2011

I am Thankful for...

Today I am thankful for this being Veteran's Day!  Not only did it give me another chance to share my feelings about our wonderful nation with my kids, but it also gave me a chance to tell them how much support and respect we should give those who serve in the Armed Forces. I took the kids to our local Veterans Memorial. It was raining (go figure) so we didn't get to linger as long as I would have liked but I told Gabe we could go back another day so he could climb on the real tank they have there. The kids and I all wore red shirts to celebrate such a special holiday!!

"Oh, thus be it ever, when Freemen shall stand, between their loved homes and the war's desolation. Blessed with victory and peace, may this heaven rescued land, praise the power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

Then conquer me must, when our cause it is just and this be our motto: "In God is our trust". And the star spangled banner in triumph doth wave, O'er the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave!"

My endless thanks and gratitude to those who lost their lives keeping my family and I safe!!!

The Veterans Memorial in Auburn

The plaque reads..."In lasted memory of these dear departed souls, who gave their lives for peace throughout the entire world. These gleaming white arches are their highways to heaven, after they fell. We know they went to heaven because they spent their time in hell.
All gave some...some gave all!"

Hannah  :)

Gabe...notice he had to wear his "Army jacket"!  He's so cute!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment