Today I am thankful for finally finding out the reason why my tiny little Ellie, is so tiny & little! I'm so glad that its an easy fix and that we don't have to do any more testing.
I'm so grateful for something as simple as an Xray machine, which I'm sure most of us take for granted, because that's all it took to FINALLY diagnose what the problem is.
You may ask..."Is it really possible for a baby to be extremely constipated for almost an entire year?!? For her to be extremely tiny because her body is not at all digesting the food she's eating because her body's just squishing it past the compacted stuff in liquid form?!? Is it possible that a pediatrician can be so oblivious to the obvious signs, even when I'm constantly expressing concern?!?"
And to all of those questions, my answer is..."Yes!"
In fact, when she was just a few months old, Ellie got really constipated and I took her in several times for it. Once the diarrhea started, they assumed she was all better....guess not!! :( Poor little thing...I feel so bad for her!!
The only good thing about this situation, which consists of lots of suppositories, lots of Miralax & lots of very messy diapers, is that Ellie doesn't have to face it alone....Emma is also extremely constipated!
Oh, the fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment